Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

denverboy777

RVF Newbee
I have a 2022 Coachman Cross Trails. I have a kitchen table that I need some assistance with. see pic below. The table is very difficult to sit behind. the two supporting legs are too close to the seat to allow for easy access or egress. I am looking to see if anyone has had this issue. I was hoping to find a way to swivel the table out of the way so that I can get behind the table easier. Any ideas? It would swivel easily if I remove one of the legs but the legs aren't strong enough to support the table by itself. thanxbarry
66778694502__B7B78808-F208-4817-885D-2F1B31FBBD7B.jpeg

Attachments

• 66778694502__B7B78808-F208-4817-885D-2F1B31FBBD7B.jpeg
    66778694502__B7B78808-F208-4817-885D-2F1B31FBBD7B.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
My Coachmen Orion has a nearly identical layout. I installed a Lagun table leg. To save money, I purchased the “factory second”. I had trouble with the company and might suggest one of the knock off versions available from Amazon.

In the Orion, the vertical “wall” wasn’t sturdy enough to hold the table leg, so I had to reinforce it with plywood. The screws that come from Lagun were too short, so I had to purchase different screws from a nearby hardware store. The design of Lagun is good, but their customer service is terrible and I specifically told them I would recommend a knock off version from Amazon if ever asked about Lagun.

Btw, a table top is not included so I found a decent desktop from a second hand store and used that. I didn’t want to alter the original table top which is likely too heavy anyway.

I don’t want to link directly to the Lagun company but if you search Lagun Table Leg on Amazon you’ll see many choices and they all appear to be identical to the original Lagun. I can’t vouch for the quality of the knock offs, but I can say the company who invented it are not easy to deal with. Also, Amazon provides for free returns if you have any problems. Lagun will make you pay return shipping cost plus restocking fees, if you’re able to actually get ahold of someone.

Hope this helps.

I have a 2022 Coachman Cross Trails. I have a kitchen table that I need some assistance with. see pic below. The table is very difficult to sit behind. the two supporting legs are too close to the seat to allow for easy access or egress. I am looking to see if anyone has had this issue. I was hoping to find a way to swivel the table out of the way so that I can get behind the table easier. Any ideas? It would swivel easily if I remove one of the legs but the legs aren't strong enough to support the table by itself. thanxbarryView attachment 10995
Just move the driver seat forward end its easier for me to go back this way

I am a maker! What that means, is I create my own environment.

That said, what is produced for the market, I will likely reject as inferior.

When I look at your pictures, I see to many problems with no fix. By the design I see this has no option for guest sleeping. (Not a problem just an observation)

Consider a storage locker towards the front of the table. This locker would have heavy duty drawer ball slides on the top connected to the table. And bolted to the floor.
Honestly I like wood finish so would store the original with hardware so I could return the rig to original should I choose to sell it. My choice would be a real wood Bucher block sold at Home depot.

Have fun with your project!!!

Picture a lazy Susan type bearing set attached to one of the legs, detach the second leg from the table top and add a simple wooden or plastic spacer of equal thickness to the other leg for the table to slide on. You could then "swivel" the table without losing the support of the second leg. Crazy but might work.

Or you could always simply remove the table, flip it over, remove both of the post legs and the hardware bolted to the table top. Remount ONE of the post hardware to the center of the table. Do the same on the floor, understanding that you will have two holes left in the floor AND have to cut a new hole centered between the two old holes. Fill the holes with some blocks of wood cut using an appropriately sized hole saw, cover the filled holes with either carpet (such as a bound carpet remnant) or a piece of wood with or without vinyl flooring (if you do this BEFORE you install the newly centered leg, you will need to cut holes in the new flooring. Personally I think carpet under a table is nasty, but that's my personal opinion. This would result in a shakier table. But if it were me, I would just make a nice fat pedestal base. If I needed the tabletop to double as a bed deck, I would make the pedestal base removable. I hate those ugly "van table" bases. Didn't like them in the old conversion vans in the '70's & '80's and I haven't changed my mind over the decades.

Latest resources

Back