RV Length
Chassis
Chevy
Engine
7.5L V8
TOW/TOAD
Fulltimer
No
Complete RV newbie here. Older than dirt, soon to be retired guy, with weekend / short duration RV travel in mind. After 40 years as an IT professional it's time to take down my shingle and spend quality time with family and friends. I need to get re-acquainted with my fishin' poles and maybe do some Parks on the Air activations.

Gracie Lou Freebush - a.k.a. Sargent at Arms will be providing security services on the road
PXL_20240221_205256540.jpg

KJ5CTX base station
PXL_20240202_112352111 (1).jpg

Welcome to the forum. We are traveling through Texas now. That’s a set up on the base. When you retire you, you will be ready for longer trips. What type RV do you have? Enjoy.

Welcome to the forum. We are traveling through Texas now. That’s a set up on the base. When you retire you, you will be ready for longer trips. What type RV do you have? Enjoy.
Put down earnest money on a 2024 Coachman Freelander 27QB on a Chevy chassis

We started about 15 years ago. My suggestion would be to start easy. If you can, spend a few nights in your driveway "camping" it allows you to get to know your RV in a place where plan B is but a few feet away. Take a weekend at a local full hookup RV Park, it will be different from the driveway. Your gonna forget something every single time but everywhere you go there is either a Walmart or Home Depot down the street.

Texas has some of the most beautiful state parks in the world.

We started about 15 years ago. My suggestion would be to start easy. If you can, spend a few nights in your driveway "camping" it allows you to get to know your RV in a place where plan B is but a few feet away. Take a weekend at a local full hookup RV Park, it will be different from the driveway. Your gonna forget something every single time but everywhere you go there is either a Walmart or Home Depot down the street.

Texas has some of the most beautiful state parks in the world.
Sounds like great advice to help shake things out and build up our "load out".

Welcome to RVF and Congrats on new rig. Looks like you will be in good hands with Gracie Lou by your side. Wishing you many fun and safe adventures. Look forward to hearing about them on the forum.

Congratulations, may you loose track of what day it is and enjoy it🙂

Welcome. Enjoy the amazing journey and great friends.

Welcome from another Texan. Where in Texas are you located? We are in Big Bend National Park and thankfully the spring break crowd went home this weekend.
This forum is loaded with self-professed experts; some even know what we're talking about. Seriously, there are a lot of experienced RV'ers here and we're always willing to help.

Welcome from another Texan. Where in Texas are you located? We are in Big Bend National Park and thankfully the spring break crowd went home this weekend.
This forum is loaded with self-professed experts; some even know what we're talking about. Seriously, there are a lot of experienced RV'ers here and we're always willing to help.
We are in Brenham, the home of Blue Bell ice cream and the place where Texas became Texas. Located off Hwy 290 half way in between Austin and Houston.

Latest resources

Back