RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Bay Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Grand Cherokee
At a park with occasional low voltage since it so hot. Thinking about picking up a Hughes Autoformer to protect electrical equipment from this issue. The only one available locally is the Autoformer with surge protection built in. Will this be a issue with the hardwired Progressive Industries EMS in my coach?

Thanks in advance!

Bill

At a park with occasional low voltage since it so hot. Thinking about picking up a Hughes Autoformer to protect electrical equipment from this issue. The only one available locally is the Autoformer with surge protection built in. Will this be a issue with the hardwired Progressive Industries EMS in my coach?

Thanks in advance!

Bill

I don't think so but you could call either Progressive or Hughes. I use a Progressive Industries surge protector on the pedestal which then goes into my Hughes AutoFormer (don't know if mine has surge protection or not) which then goes into my Progressive EMS with surge protection which then goes into my ATS with surgeguard. I may be accused of excess from time to time! ?

I don't think chaining surge protectors is an issue as it's not a resistance situation. They detect a spike or abnormality and whichever goes out of limits first trips. Can't hurt.

I don't think so but you could call either Progressive or Hughes. I use a Progressive Industries surge protector on the pedestal which then goes into my Hughes AutoFormer (don't know if mine has surge protection or not) which then goes into my Progressive EMS with surge protection which then goes into my ATS with surgeguard. I may be accused of excess from time to time! ?

I don't think chaining surge protectors is an issue as it's not a resistance situation. They detect a spike or abnormality and whichever goes out of limits first trips. Can't hurt.

Thanks @Neal. I knew you had experience with Hughes so this is good info.

Thanks in advance!

Bill
Highly recommend it. I have been using it for years. It should not be a problem, since the autoformer should be between the polpwer pole and the EMS.

Thanks. Unfortunately CW was out of stock in the store. Ordered cheaper from Amazon but have to wait until Wednesday.

At least the Progressive EMS is protecting against low voltage.

Bill

Latest resources

Back