Mountain Aire 4519
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan K3
Engine
Cummins 500
TOW/TOAD
2023 Ram 1500
As a former liveaboard sailor on the Gulf Coast of Texas, I've had to make hurricane preparations more often than I care to (or can) remember. But, the last thing I ever thought I would have to do is prepare for a hurricane at Franklin, NC, some 500 miles north of Helene's looming landfall! The coach is full of diesel, the toad was filled-up yesterday, the camp chairs are all put away, etc. Our site preps are complete.
The forecasters are claiming that this storm may be one for the record books. So, I say if you are in Helene's path...GTHO! And, if you can't, then be prepared.
Best wishes!

I was more than a bit surprised when the predicted path was changed to where it seems to end up at Knoxville.

Levellers up or down?

Levellers up or down?
Put out the storm anchor! If you can face her into the coming wind, and park her out from under any questionable trees.

Honestly, you can only do so much! GTHO!!!

Put out the storm anchor! If you can face her into the coming wind, and park her out from under any questionable trees.

Honestly, you can only do so much! GTHO!!!
Yup. I know. Praying! Watching neighbors trees swaying in the wind. Got to sit this one out and pray. Would have needed to leave Mon.and travel about 500 miles to get out of the way.

Yup. I know. Praying! Watching neighbors trees swaying in the wind. Got to sit this one out and pray. Would have needed to leave Mon.and travel about 500 miles to get out of the way.
Where are you right now, AbdRahim?

Here at Deer Springs, we're told to expect gusts to 55mph by 6:00am tomorrow (Friday).

Where are you right now, AbdRahim?

Here at Deer Springs, we're told to expect gusts to 55mph by 6:00am tomorrow (Friday), and upwards of 75mph on Saturday morning.
🙏🏾

Buddy, Buddy, Buddy! At the first indications a hurricane was heading my way, we went the other way. It only took me experiencing one to learn that lesson. Plus, if you didn't get out of Houston early, you probably won't get out.

Levellers up or down?
We tried to escape Fiona in 2022. It was to hit Halifax Nova Scotia fairly hard so we moved inland.....but not far enough. These things change course quickly.

Anyway. We survived unscathed. We parked a field out in the open away from trees. We dropped the levelers just so that they took a very small amount of weight. There are two wind forces depending on how close it hits. We were tail into the wind for the first set and once the eye passed we were nose into it. It howled and the coach rocked. We couldn't see much cause it hit at night. FYI.....I wouldn't do it again and we only experienced one that was not full force.

Good luck.

Darrell

Buddy, Buddy, Buddy! At the first indications a hurricane was heading my way, we went the other way. It only took me experiencing one to learn that lesson. Plus, if you didn't get out of Houston early, you probably won't get out.
He's here at Deer Springs! :)

Latest resources

Back