• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Hurricane Helene

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Here is a path projection I just downloaded. It looks like the corner of Fl and south Ga will have a rough time. As it goes north winds should die down pretty quick.

Attachments

• IMG_3671.jpeg
    IMG_3671.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 4
Buddy, Buddy, Buddy! At the first indications a hurricane was heading my way, we went the other way. It only took me experiencing one to learn that lesson. Plus, if you didn't get out of Houston early, you probably won't get out.
I was pretty sure we were safe at 500 miles from potential landfall, in the NC mountains, and on the side of a mountain at Deer Springs RV Park. I still think we're fine, but got the 'go bags' ready anyway.

Where are you right now, AbdRahim?

Here at Deer Springs, we're told to expect gusts to 55mph by 6:00am tomorrow (Friday).
North central Fl. Fortunately, unless it turns, I am on the edge. At times the tall pine tres look like a black gospel choir swaying in the wind. 😎

My jacks are down...not looking like the best time for air
My jacks are down...not looking like the best time for air leveling.
A couple of years ago we were coming across Wyoming on 80. There was a late season storm with wind gusts up to 80 mph. We were so grateful to our Active Air sysrem. Luckily we had reservations at a rv park in Cheyenne. It was interesting to see all the trucks parked everywhere. We had to put in our big slide to preserve the topper, and luckily did not have to put in the others. When we were able to proceed the next morning, there were overturned trucks😳 It was a miserable night with the huge wind, but ok! Take care, and please let us all know if all is good. Judy D

Shout out to the Spartan Service Center.

Had fun flats installed today and were headed in the direction of Florida tomorrow - storm is huge and we’d be heading into it.

They were nice enough to let us stay parked right here until Saturday instead.

Charlotte Michigan is looking like a good place to be for a couple days.

You all stay safe.

And I keep wanting to move to Florida, right up until these spit balls happen and then it's a no.

When looking at total rainfall forecasts yesterday on NOAA, it amazed me to see that western NC (not FL or GA) was forecast to have the highest rainfall amount.
Hopefully those of you in that area stay dry and safe.

Latest resources

Back