Hurricane Helene

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Oh that’s awful. It seems surreal

I wonder what we can learn from this? I would imagine I'd just want to hole up at home. But at some point the decision to evacuate has to become a reality. I can't blame anyone as meteorologists are weather guessers but I imagine someone missed the boat (no pun intended) on ordering an evacuation. I imagine NC, like here in VA, is not well rehearsed for such a thing. Both states have had them pretty bad but I don't think we're really as prepared for orders as such etc. as those in the south are accustomed to.

I would imagine RVers also would really hesitate in bugging out. I wonder how many did not. I think we can all learn from this that regardless of deposits or plans, we have to make the tough decision to find safer grounds, campground or not.

I wonder what we can learn from this? I would imagine I'd just want to hole up at home. But at some point the decision to evacuate has to become a reality. I can't blame anyone as meteorologists are weather guessers but I imagine someone missed the boat (no pun intended) on ordering an evacuation. I imagine NC, like here in VA, is not well rehearsed for such a thing. Both states have had them pretty bad but I don't think we're really as prepared for orders as such etc. as those in the south are accustomed to.

I would imagine RVers also would really hesitate in bugging out. I wonder how many did not. I think we can all learn from this that regardless of deposits or plans, we have to make the tough decision to find safer grounds, campground or not.
I don't know if any learning curve would help! I have a friend that has premonitions, she begged me to move from quartzite over the last week. Short of the mountains there is no place to go any safer with the locations she mentioned!

Because of the situation presented about the Colorado River, and looking at and calculations, I am where I need to be!

Like I said! You can know, and still wonder what will come of it!!!

And no one's asking about members in TN and NC. Do we know anyone there?
I’m in south central Tn. We received a little heavy rain and light wind. We’ve had worse. North Eastern Tn. Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg were hit pretty good with flooding.

Latest resources

Back