• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Hurricane Helene

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Guys, I should have thought about this a while ago. If you have to bug out because of weather and need a place to go, you guys are more than welcome to boondock at my place. I have room for about 8-10 rv’s or more in my grassy fields. Areas in yellow are pretty flat and easy access.

Not much help now, but if you need a temp spot anytime just holler.

Attachments

• IMG_3672.jpeg
    IMG_3672.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
We're still here. About 15" of rain, but dry inside the coach. Neighbors are walking their dogs, so life seems to be pretty normal. Concerns now are that the ground is super-saturated and winds continue to blow, so trees could topple on power lines...then the lights go out.

Prayers for the wind to let up.

We were at a KOA in Lake Placid when Sandy hit the East Coast in 2012. We left a day early because we were in the projected path and the middle of a forest of 40-50 ft trees. The owners assured us there wouldn't be any issues. After the storm passed, the park was closed for the rest of the season due to damage from falling trees.

We had gone through Hurricane Rita in 2005 and Hurricane Ike in 2008 which caused havoc to the Houston area. Lesson learned.

Stay safe.

I checked the Deer Springs webcam and saw @GlampDaddy running around with floaties on his arms. All good.
The webcam must have distorted your view. Those were bottles of bourbon that had to be protected.

North central Fl. Fortunately, unless it turns, I am on the edge. At times the tall pine tres look like a black gospel choir swaying in the wind. 😎
Are you ok?

I’m just glad I drove from Nashville through Asheville when I did. I-40 TN/NC border is gone.

EDIT to include photo.

Attachments

• 1727484415757.png
    1727484415757.png
    908.6 KB · Views: 2
It maybe too late for this one, but for the fws topper, closing the fws maybe one option. You can also secure both ends of the topper and that will do the trick.

Had the santa ana winds one time in So Cal. It was rocking the coach even on jacks., I was just on a bad spot and no where to go. The fws topper was tearing itself out. Had some good card boards. Made a good fit triangle cut outs that would fit both ends. I even added a good 2"-3" lip on all three sides to slide inside the topper area. Once you cover both ends, they actualy stay put just fine, surprisingly. It was very quiet inside and no more winds leaking in. Most newmar fws leak from the top. If you have that problem, you'll notice it in cooler and breezy days.

Latest resources

Back