RVF Expert
RV Year
RV Make
Salem
RV Model
Hemisphere 346RK
RV Length
38'
Has anybody run Hwy 101 in the PNW? I'm looking at heading that way and thinking about 101 to head south. Also, has anybody crossed the Columbia River on the Astoria Bridge? That bridge looks like a blast to drive on!!

Been across the Astoria-Megler Bridge many times. It’s just another bridge for us, though it is the longest continuous truss bridge in North America. Nice view of the mouth of the Columbia River from it.

Hwy 101 along the Washington-Oregon coast is very doable in a RV, but it isn’t the fastest route. Very interesting scenery along the way. We’ve driven 101 from California to the tip of the Olympic Peninsula in Washington numerous times. If you have some time to spend visiting scenic spots, there are quite a few RV parks along the route for overnight stays.

TJ

Last edited:
Driven 101 from LA to top of Washington in a diesel pusher towing a toad many times. Anyone with a love of nature, and this country, should do it at least once.

Driven 101 from LA to top of Washington in a diesel pusher towing a toad many times. Anyone with a love of nature, and this country, should do it at least once.
I'm planning on it! Looking forward to seeing the Pacific!

Nice thing about heading south is that you can actually use some of the pullouts to stop and take in the views. Traveling northbound is a real pain to try and do that. Not the fastest trip, but very scenic and can have a lot of traffic as you get close to certain areas, or towns.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back