• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved Hydraulic failure

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Call Equalizer, I found them very helpful. We had other issues but found the Equalizer engineer very helpful.

Equalizer system on my Canyon Star! Had a pressure line rupture on the right front leveler! Was able to retract it!
Local "mobile tech" said it would NOT LOWER while traveling! This was true, as I drove another 600 miles before getting to the International in Rock Springs Wy, last year!
"EQ" rep ordered a hose, & Newmar "tech's" installed it.....ALL AT NO COST!(y)
I did go buy 3 quarts of transmission fluid, to bleed & refill the system, from local auto parts store, as the Newmar tech's had none!
So for about $20 worth of trans fluid, problem solved!
And they rerouted the pressure line, so as not to rub on the frame rail (again)!😎

Ok. Newmar contacted Equalizer this morning. For those with Bay Stars, if this ever happens to you, Equalizer insists that you ratchet strap the jacks up, before driving. They were adamant that the jacks would eventually rxtend. This bas been the dirtiest trip yet. Spent an hour underneath, tying up the jacks.
Nobody had anyreferences along my route for someone who knew what they were doing, to fix it. They just ggogled rv repair. Really? Fortunately, I know a good tech on this route.

I think like many fields of repair, half the people claiming to be repair folks have no clue.

I think like many fields of repair, half the people claiming to be repair folks have no clue.
Unfortunately this is often the case. A glad you got an answer.

Better safe than sorry with the "straps".
Do the two broken bolts keep "pressure" on the entire system? And by them breaking released all pressure?? The broken bolts are scary!!
I'm following this with much interest, though my situation was just "one" ruptured line, & everything else was still "pressurized"!
Hopefully you get some assistance from "Equalizer", regards the repair, & some financial help too!! A failure like that should not occur, in my opinion!
Be safe!!

I am not sure, what pressure is released. The two screw hold the top piece on to the motor which is attached to the reservoir. Apparantly there are O rings involved, but that part is under pressure when the moto ris running.

A mechanic friend of mine said that bolt ussually only break like that when they are over torqued. If that is the case, then it is definitely on them.

Btw, on the Bay Star all but the front passenger side jacks were easy to tie up. That last one is a bear, because Newmar has a slew of wires at the top of the bracket, so there is no central place to hold the jack straight up. I tried several approaches, all involvingthe spring leaf. I spent at leat an hour and a half at truck stops and rest areas redoing this one as it kept loosening in transit. Did not think about the fact that the leaf springs flex, thus the loosening. I will try another approach tomorrow. Still two days before I reach the tech.

They don’t show this aspect of RVing on those wonderful videos.

Unfortunately this is one of the "Exciting" aspects of the RV experience. Hopefully you can get this sorted satisfactorily.

One of the reasons I have moved to a DP, so I can load more tools:)

Sorry to hear, some trips are uneventful and then some are most definitely not.......

Sorry to hear, some trips are uneventful and then some are most definitely not.......
Two weeks ago, 30 minutes out of the NIRVC parking lot and seven hours from home, I smell brake and my TPMS is showing my left tag tire 20* higher than the rest. Pull off on shoulder of next exit (no gas stations or the like to pull into at that exit) and 2.5 hours later I'm on the way after a mobile tech reset the slack adjuster, which I assume is failing (in a diesel shop now, but he got me back on the road).

That's what my sister and BIL said (they were traveling with us in their Phaeton), that it's just part of RVing. Sometimes things go smooth, sometimes stuff happens.

Unfortunately this is one of the "Exciting" aspects of the RV experience. Hopefully you can get this sorted satisfactorily.

One of the reasons I have moved to a DP, so I can load more tools:)
Fortunately, you know how to use them. Although, doesn‘t a DP require more tools? Mire systems to brake?😂

Latest resources

Back