RV Length
37’
Chassis
Ford
Engine
V10
TOW/TOAD
None
I raised the jack to leave the campground. The motor seemed to run unussually long.When I went ouside to check, half the reservoir of fluid was on the ground. A neighbor observed fluid gushing out between the reservoir and the motor.

Question: Is it safe to drive, or do I have to worry about the jacks coming down in transit?
I have 1200 mi to go.

Also two bolts with nuts sitting on top of the unit felloff when cleaning the fluid off the top. The bolts were sheered off, but sitting in place?

2ED9159B-A6D1-468D-B2DA-6E0353B67513.jpeg

DE33584B-2DD6-4D4E-974B-E8D278CB57B5.jpeg

703FE67B-B048-4B16-A7FE-2C739B9C98C6.jpeg

I'd try calling Newmar. They are supposed to be 24/7 but we know how that works. But I would still call them.

My 2017 DS HWH system is spring return, if that is what you have then no issue traveling. I wouldn't use the levelers until leak is corrected.

Icalledthe emergency number on the way home from the FPU, when my inverter failed. I called every hour and left a message. When I called the lasttime, they changed the message to give instructions for King Aire problems, so I concluded the rest of us don’tcount.

The jacks wont come down on their own. The return springs will keep them in place.

Don't know about the system but would "c"clamps and ratchet straps get you home?

Don’t know. Mobile tech says there are two pressure systems. Pressure required to retract and pressure required to extend. We will see.

I did call Newmar emergency number. As with the last time, no response.

Our former Baystar didn't have return springs, but used hydraulics to actuate both ways as stated by osuallen.

My 2017 VTDP is hydraulic both directions (Equalizer system)

This situation with Newmar not answering by the on call service is a continued problem and I hope this gets resolved. It was not this way in 2017, I called several times and always got answered even on a Sunday. Noise needs to be made to get this fixed.

Latest resources

Back