Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

I need to hook my portable grill to my RV propane tank.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

davedt28

RVF Newbee
I need to hook my portable grill to my RV propane tank. My RV propane tank has a thread fitting sticking out that is the same round as a 5ib propane tank. However a propane tank has a round brass piece inside so a regular hose fits it. my fitting has a little plastic insert sticking out inside so if I try to use a regular propane hose it does not screw on correctly. I have pictures if that will help. Please help i am planning on going camping soon and I want to hook up my portable grill to my RV propane tank, thanks.
692.jpg

You would have to bypass the main regulator on the trailer, Tee in between one tank and trailer regulator to make it work. The grill regulator is what will control the flow. I spent a lot of time in the local propane company shop and after making up a hose with adaptors to make it work the total would have been over $100.00 I decided to buy the one pound refillable bottles and run the grill on those.

The variables are enormous. There is no one single answer. Having said that, be sure the tee is between the tank shutoff valve and the regulator. You want high pressure to the device. The device needs to have a regulator. Only one regulator in the circuit.

Here is a link to various fittings. RV LP Gas Hoses & Fittings | Adapters, Connectors, Kits - CAMPERiD.com You'll have to spend some time studying what you have, what you want and what is possible.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back