Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

I need your help with buying a 2021 Tiffin Allegro Red 38Ka or 2020 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Some people would say the same about Newmar. ?
I feel your pain. Monaco used to make Holiday Rambler and Fleetwood. They were some of the best quality coaches out there for a long time. But they fell victim to the market crash in 2008 as did a lot of other manufacturers. We love our 2006 HR Ambassador. Great quality. No complaints. Would I buy a new REV Industries built Holiday Rambler or Fleetwood? Eeeeehhhhh I don't know. I hear their customer service sucks. But I hear that about almost every brand now. Unfortunately Tiffen was the exception. They had GREAT service! But now that Thor Industries bought them I see them as more a money focused conglomerate than a service oriented business. Maybe I'm wrong............but I doubt it.

Yes Tiffin sold to Thor. And Entegra was sold to Winnie. I am on my second Tiffin. And yes I just purchased my RED 33 AA. And yes Tiffin still has great service. Red Bay Alabama is still servicing the Tiffin coaches as before. But I am also getting good service from my local RV dealership.

IMHO Newmar & Tiffin have been the leaders in quality coaches for the past many years. Do your research and keep asking questions.

Regards HH

Guys, Gals,

Really enough with the "Tiffin sold and quality is gone"

The sale was just completed in January 2021. No one knows if quality is gone, or that the main focus now is on Profits.
AND I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT IS TRUE.

I say bull @@@@ !!! on your statement. I had a career selling companies as big or much bigger than Tiffin and I can tell you none of those buyers took over and cut quality or service day one, or year one, OR PROBABLY EVER!!!! No one spends what I expect they spent for Tiffin ( a high quality brand with a excellent reputation) with the intent of ruining the company, reputation, and the ability to grow the brand. It doesn't work that way any more, too many social media platforms like this one were people can express their problems, concerns, frustrations, for a company to kill quality and service and expect to get away with it. That just does not happen.

So, just admit that you pontificators of Tiffin Quality Demise are just...
Loving seeing your words on the screen. You have no facts, no stories of problems, You haven't bought a new 2021 Tiffin sense the sale of Tiffin (by the way the management team is the same and BOB is still on the board) .

You just love to TALK.

So sense you love to talk, talk about something you know or have facts about. And the quality of the Tiffin build is not something you have any facts on or know anything about in reality.

Johnnie
:mad:

Tired of the BS

Entegra was purchased by Thor industries several years ago. Tiffin just joined the same portfolio. Newmar was purchased by Winne in 2020.

All three are at max production, with sales through the roof for new and used coaches.

Every industry in the world was impacted by CV19. IMO, the uptick in quality issues is being seen across the supply chain. Hard enough to come back from plant and supply chain shutdowns, never mind trying to do it in an exploding demand market.

We have neighbors with coaches from all the major manufactures. We are all dealing with long wait times for customer service, warranty claims, dealer and manufacture support. No brand is immune.

Have the coach you are serious about inspected by a pro, get real data on condition. all the new coaches are spending months on lots waiting furniture, parts, and appliances. If you tried to build a sticks and bricks right now you would be dealing with same things.

Guys, Gals,

Really enough with the "Tiffin sold and quality is gone"

The sale was just completed in January 2021. No one knows if quality is gone, or that the main focus now is on Profits.
AND I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT IS TRUE.

I say bull @@@@ !!! on your statement. I had a career selling companies as big or much bigger than Tiffin and I can tell you none of those buyers took over and cut quality or service day one, or year one, OR PROBABLY EVER!!!! No one spends what I expect they spent for Tiffin ( a high quality brand with a excellent reputation) with the intent of ruining the company, reputation, and the ability to grow the brand. It doesn't work that way any more, too many social media platforms like this one were people can express their problems, concerns, frustrations, for a company to kill quality and service and expect to get away with it. That just does not happen.

So, just admit that you pontificators of Tiffin Quality Demise are just...
Loving seeing your words on the screen. You have no facts, no stories of problems, You haven't bought a new 2021 Tiffin sense the sale of Tiffin (by the way the management team is the same and BOB is still on the board) .

You just love to TALK.

So sense you love to talk, talk about something you know or have facts about. And the quality of the Tiffin build is not something you have any facts on or know anything about in reality.

Johnnie
:mad:

Tired of the BS
Settle down Karen. We're not attacking your mother. We're just discussing the sale of motorhome manufacturers. No need to blow a gasket. :rolleyes:

We own a 2019 Holiday Rambler 35K Vacationer. We bought it new. I have also worked in the RV and Marine industry since 1984. ALL manufacturers have an occasional issue. Yes, some more than others. We did have some issues with our unit right out of the gate. What was most helpful for us was to have a good solid relationship with our dealer. In the end, most warranty and service work is done by a dealership. Having that relationship solid is always helpful.
Just my 2 cents.
Ken

Latest resources

Back