Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

I need your help with buying a 2021 Tiffin Allegro Red 38Ka or 2020 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

asafdari10

RVF Newbee
Hello!

I am looking to buy a 2021 Tiffin Allegro Red 38KA or a 2020 Fleetwood Discovery 40G.

My main concern is the horsepower and torque. I will be pulling a 7,000 Ibs. boat in the summer or a 20 foot enclosed trailer with desert toys. How bad does it get on hills when pulling with an 800 pound torque Tiffin vs the 1,150 pounds of torque on the Discovery?

I used to own a 2014 Discovery 40x and loved it and the power was great. I've heard lately that Fleetwood is not the same as the old ones built and has gone down hill on their quality. Is that true?
I've heard Tiffin and Newmar are better quality coaches.

I'm debating to get the lower torque with Tiffin for their quality and service and give up the higher engine or get the Discovery again with the better engine.

If you own a Discovery or a Tiffin Allegro Red, I would love your feedback and guidance.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Thank you.

You do realize that Tiffin sold their company, right? Quality and customer service have gone out the window for corporate profits. I'd get the Discovery with the big engine.

Given the poor reputation of the Fleetwood Discovery (at least recent years) and the reported downturn in Tiffin customer service, I would be looking at Newmar, but that’s just me. YMMV

TJ

You do realize that Tiffin sold their company, right? Quality and customer service have gone out the window for corporate profits. I'd get the Discovery with the big engine.
Some people would say the same about Newmar. ?

Which factory can you most easily get to for repairs?

Latest resources

Back