• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved I think the time has come - 8 new tires for me

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I looked at the load charts and also noticed that the tires are rated higher at the same pressure than Michelins. And although I still have my pressures at the old settings (which, in theory would be a little higher than needed), I am not sure why you couldn't lower them to match the ratings chart. I am not sure I understand why you could not match the charts... isn't that what the charts are for? Or am I missing something?

BTW - Congrats on the babys new shoes! :)

I looked at the load charts and also noticed that the tires are rated higher at the same pressure than Michelins. And although I still have my pressures at the old settings (which, in theory would be a little higher than needed), I am not sure why you couldn't lower them to match the ratings chart. I am not sure I understand why you could not match the charts... isn't that what the charts are for? Or am I missing something?
Good question, or are the charts MIN pressures? It is amazing this "science" of tire pressures and how every place you visit has a different story.

Here is my last weighing, let me know what you come up with, going heads down into the chart now.

FL-weights.jpg

If I'm reading it correctly my same value of 105 for front applies.

Rears are at bottom of the chart but I run 90 psi

I agree with your findings... And the rear pressures could be lower (same with mine), but was told to stay at 90... Not sure I remember why. :)

My last weights were similar:

Front - 13,250
Drive - 16,990
Tag - 8,230

OK....but if that is true, why even list the lower ratings? I guess this is above my pay grade. :)

Haha, because we are subject to opinions including mine. When I went to a rally and the RVSEF or whoever they are did the weighing at the rally I was pissed that he was preaching to me his opinions and advising people tire pressures that did not agree with the charts. I went so far as to calling Michelin RV and they said charts is the answer and I believe in following the charts! Then I just got worn down, I did the weigh at FL Gaffney and that tech told me his opinions which were the 105/90 numbers and I just caved at that point. So who knows....but it seems higher pressures are better as long as your ride is not affected. I actually found with my last tires that my ride was better at 105 on the fronts when I was running lower for some time.

Latest resources

Back