Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

I would really like to have a mistake-free day…..

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
2”x1/4“ angle iron - pretty stout stuff. While I was in there I cleaned up a lot of wiring and plumbing mess (they are a little sloppy at the factory in the areas you cant see) and also dried out the wet bay. Apparently it got wet at some point in its life so having the tanks out gave me a chance to really clean it up.

I also added some 3/8” marine mahogany plywood for the fresh tank to ride on. Unnecessary I guess but it was nice to upgrade the space. So its all back together, a little better than orig, and the coach smells better (fresher) so I guess the wet bay was getting kind of froggy. All better now. But wow - a lot of work getting there…..

Last edited:
Great selfie!

Great selfie!
yeah, my best side….Here’s another: the happy repairman. I spent a lot of time working in the 4’x7’, 14.5” high space under the black and grey tanks, with just my feet sticking out, measuring, prepping, and installing the new supports. Not fun but I have many hours training and working in such spaces (confined space rescue, firefighter survival, etc).

The fresh tank is now supported slightly above the carpet with an air space so if water gets in there it will have a chance to dry out and prevent possible mold and odors. one of many little improvements I made while in there. I also learned a lot about what is behind the wet bay panel and how all that is assembled. I cleaned up wiring and plumbing on both ends and improved the alignment of my dump valve outlet.
8EEAB656-FA77-418E-975A-CFA7D9B21C3E.jpeg

2”x1/4“ angle iron - pretty stout stuff. While I was in there I cleaned up a lot of wiring and plumbing mess (they are a little sloppy at the factory in the areas you cant see) and also dried out the wet bay. Apparently it got wet at some point in its life so having the tanks out gave me a chance to really clean it up.

I also added some 3/8” marine mahogany plywood for the fresh tank to ride on. Unnecessary I guess but it was nice to upgrade the space. So its all back together, a little better than orig, and the coach smells better (fresher) so I guess the wet bay was getting kind of froggy. All better now. But wow - a lot of work getting there…..View attachment 13353
That pic reminds me of the guy that lowers the floors onto the coaches in the assembly line of Newmar and has to crawl under the floor to direct pipes and such as he's lowering it.

So, on mistakes. I just had to pack up and move one spot due to misunderstanding my departure date. No big deal - more than I would ever pay for a one night stay anywhere. But ego bruised. I guess none of us has yet reached perfection.

Your tepair looks better than the original build. “You got talent”.

Hmmm, I really like the old boat in the back of the first pic.....Lyman?

So, on mistakes. I just had to pack up and move one spot due to misunderstanding my departure date. No big deal - more than I would ever pay for a one night stay anywhere. But ego bruised. I guess none of us has yet reached perfection.

Your tepair looks better than the original build. “You got talent”.
Yes, thats my ‘58 16.5’. First year of the “walk-through” front seat - major innovation! Its in need of restoration but has no rot and everything is there including hard to find stuff such as windshield opening hardware. Its a real gem just waiting to move up on the project list.

Attachments

• D3718F05-2891-4578-A886-2BBA58A57441.jpeg
    D3718F05-2891-4578-A886-2BBA58A57441.jpeg
    598.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 92A10A5E-5965-4206-AF9F-28C7A0E1DC34.jpeg
    92A10A5E-5965-4206-AF9F-28C7A0E1DC34.jpeg
    449.1 KB · Views: 9
Yes, thats my ‘58 16.5’. First year of the “walk-through” front seat - major innovation! Its in need of restoration but has no rot and everything is there including hard to find stuff such as windshield opening hardware. Its a real gem just waiting to move up on the project list.
That is sweet!

Do you make house calls? :ROFLMAO:

Latest resources

Back