Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

I would really like to have a mistake-free day…..

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Probably just pull the valve and put it back the way it was. Then it can’t happen. I’m not boondocking with this thing enough to need a full 100 gallons of water anyway.
How much water were you loosing? I have not perceived any water loss over hundreds of miles of travel. If it is siphoning out, you could just try putting a loop in the overflow tube.

Not enough to make this worth it. And when it rains, it pours. This afternoon in a KOA zoo, my awning decided to self-dissassemble. Don’t know why, but given my other issues I just took it in stride, applied some zip ties and zip screws and decided it will be someone else’s problem when this trip is over. Par for the course at this point. Good thing I carry tools and supplies.
How much water were you loosing? I have not perceived any water loss over hundreds of miles of travel. If it is siphoning out, you could just try putting a loop in the overflow tube.
To answer the question though, the center of the tank sags considerably which caused it to push out about 1/5 of the tank‘s capacity. So I never had a full tank until I “fixed it”. And then of course there’s the water you lose going around turns etc.

Anyway, certainly not worth the trouble I caused myself. But…oh well. I’ll pull the fresh tank in a couple days, fix fhe damage, put it all back together, breath in, breath out, and move on.

Chin up, Rich. Stuff happens. To all of us.

Chin up, Rich. Stuff happens. To all of us.
Yeah things are fine. The awning coming apart actually seemed humerous at this point. We are in a KOA (Williamsport South/Nittany Mountain in central Pennsylvania) and its an absolute zoo, completely packed for the 4th weekend, but fortunately we got an excellent pull-thru spot (last minute cancelation) pointed away from it all over looking fields on the edge of the park.Watching the fire flys - things could be worse…

Attachments

• 053644E4-8074-4761-AECB-B2324942A76F.jpeg
    053644E4-8074-4761-AECB-B2324942A76F.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 20
It’s my goal every morning. But today was not one of those. Between setting myself up for failure with one of my bright ideas (a shut off valve on my fresh tank over-flow) and a simple oversight this morning while disconnecting (not closing my tank fill valve), I managed to do some major damage to my tank system this afternoon. I either ruptured the fresh tank or maybe (hopefully) just blew a line off, but as the water tank blew up like a giant water balloon, before it self-vented somewhere, it bent support members and displaced the grey and black tanks enough to move my dump outlet about an inch back so it no longer lines up with the port in the bottom of the wet bay.

Fortunately the waste tanks are still intact, hold their contents, and can still be dumped. I know this sounds crazy and impossible, but I modified things so that I could cause myself this problem. I just never thought I would. But today I did. Anyway I guess this is supposed to be cathartic but Im not sure it's helping. As the DW says, there’s no body damage, no one got hurt, and it’s just another project I didn’t need, so things could be worse. But I feel pretty crapy about it right now and thought maybe confessing my sins would help. So far it hasn’t.
It’s my goal every morning. But today was not one of those. Between setting myself up for failure with one of my bright ideas (a shut off valve on my fresh tank over-flow) and a simple oversight this morning while disconnecting (not closing my tank fill valve), I managed to do some major damage to my tank system this afternoon. I either ruptured the fresh tank or maybe (hopefully) just blew a line off, but as the water tank blew up like a giant water balloon, before it self-vented somewhere, it bent support members and displaced the grey and black tanks enough to move my dump outlet about an inch back so it no longer lines up with the port in the bottom of the wet bay.

Fortunately the waste tanks are still intact, hold their contents, and can still be dumped. I know this sounds crazy and impossible, but I modified things so that I could cause myself this problem. I just never thought I would. But today I did. Anyway I guess this is supposed to be cathartic but Im not sure it's helping. As the DW says, there’s no body damage, no one got hurt, and it’s just another project I didn’t need, so things could be worse. But I feel pretty crapy about it right now and thought maybe confessing my sins would help. So far it hasn’t.
Hang in there. Many of us have been there.

Hang in there. Many of us have been there.
I’m hanging. We can add to the list that the windshield chip has developped into a crack and it’s growing (not a cheap windshield and Im not looking forward to that one) and I still have an air conditioner not working but at least I have a solution to that problem lined up, albeit a $1750 solution. But it all just comes with the territory. This rig is six years old and has over 50k miles now so things are bound to happen.

Last edited:
Nice spot for you and that’s what it’s all about. Unfortunately the price for you this trip is steep both financially and emotionally.
Hopefully when it’s over you’ll just remember the good the rest is just part of the adventure. Wishing smooth travels going forward.

Current state of the tank bay. Its ugly but the good news is that I found a local fabricator to make new mounts and if all goes well the thing will be back together by Tuesday afternoon. Until then its back to camping which Im finding relaxing and pleasant. Fortunately I’m visiting with family that has some helpful facilities in a community that has some resources. Things could be worse….
46E38D34-B5A4-4138-B239-47FA437A835E.jpeg
F0328EAC-71DC-426C-9AA3-E07A978E6D55.jpeg
42D535D6-3C85-4E6C-B606-09CEEE434749.jpeg

Well Humpty Dumpty is back together again. I guess its a little better than original however I can not recommend this particular upgrade as its not worth the effort and under normal conditions there is no reason for it.

Attachments

• D6FCB902-E811-4E14-9757-9113AAE6A8A4.jpeg
    D6FCB902-E811-4E14-9757-9113AAE6A8A4.jpeg
    984.5 KB · Views: 33
  • B4B8F4C0-B4DA-4D82-B4BD-73672BD59247.jpeg
    B4B8F4C0-B4DA-4D82-B4BD-73672BD59247.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
  • 738E998A-777A-4EA3-B3E6-2B4FA85B3CAA.jpeg
    738E998A-777A-4EA3-B3E6-2B4FA85B3CAA.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
Now that is a tank support!

Latest resources