Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ideas for Jim (outrageous campground rules)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
well like most rules, that one probably has someone’s name on it. In the fire service you can almost always track a rule like that back to someone who did something stupid and/or caused a problem. FMCA probably got sued because someone fell off their roof.
Now if they have that rule and offered to clean my panels for me, that would be a good trade off! Otherwise it's time to quit defending control freaks!!!

no pineapple on pizza
What the hell? I'm not going to that campground!

What the hell? I'm not going to that campground!
I'd go there and sit outside eating Hawaiian pizza for every meal. What exactly can they do to me once my trailer is chocked and unhitched?

If a campground had/has rules that are banning things that are in my opinion completely unacceptable behavior, I move on.
Rules are typically the result of unacceptable behavior. if the campers have to be told not to do these things, it is not a place I care to be.

one of the primary reasons I am trying desperately to leave California.

one of the primary reasons I am trying desperately to leave California.
Wow - I knew California wouldn’t allow me to visit their state due to rig size, but didn’t realize they banned pineapple on pizza too!
🤣

“no pineapple on pizza”
What a great rule!! As a matter of fact I believe 49 of the 50 states have included this rule in their Constitutions. The only one that hasn’t is California so I,
too, am considering leaving the state.

Wow - I knew California wouldn’t allow me to visit their state due to rig size, but didn’t realize they banned pineapple on pizza too!
🤣
huh?

I was responding to this comment:

"Rules are typically the result of unacceptable behavior. if the campers have to be told not to do these things, it is not a place I care to be."

California enacts stupid laws because of the actions of a few stupid people. While some laws are good, the vast majority of the protect people from themselves laws are oppressive.

if laws, rules, or warnings have to be made to prevent people from drinking bleach or eating tide pods, then something is wrong, IMO let them do it, thins the herd.

common sense - so rare it should be classified as a superpower.

huh?

I was responding to this comment:

"Rules are typically the result of unacceptable behavior. if the campers have to be told not to do these things, it is not a place I care to be."

California enacts stupid laws because of the actions of a few stupid people. While some laws are good, the vast majority of the protect people from themselves laws are oppressive.

if laws, rules, or warnings have to be made to prevent people from drinking bleach or eating tide pods, then something is wrong, IMO let them do it, thins the herd.

common sense - so rare it should be classified as a superpower.

There’s a reason the stupid person memes are usually Florida Man does… and not California Man does… 💩

Reminds me of the time I saw this "outrageous rule" on the men's room door at a campground. Someone's prank or what? The imagination runs wild.
FB_IMG_1690981600296.jpg

Latest resources

Back