Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ideas for Jim (outrageous campground rules)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
A couple interesting things caught my eye. Complaining about rules about "humus" and "fiddleheads" by saying they don't know what that means. It's 2023, everyone has the internet (and GOOGLE SEARCH) in their pockets. The really ironic bit is then they go ON the internet and demonstrate their blissful ignorance to the world. "I don't know what that means, therefore IT is stupid." People never cease to amaze me.
Pretty entertaining and interesting lists though. I see some rules that for me would equate to being just be a big "do not enter sign" at the gate. I like to browse campground websites before making reservations and trip plans. And I make it a habit to read their rules when available and more than one I have judged unwelcoming just by the rule list.

My favorite, and certainly one that I will have to add !!

“Do not take the split rail fence apart so you can impale through a goat as a spit to cook over an open fire pit in front of other campers.”

If a campground had/has rules that are banning things that are in my opinion completely unacceptable behavior, I move on.
Rules are typically the result of unacceptable behavior. if the campers have to be told not to do these things, it is not a place I care to be.

We recently spent a couple of nights at the FMCA headquarters campground. As I recall there were 3 rules posted, speed limit, keep right, and don't get on the roof of your RV.

We recently spent a couple of nights at the FMCA headquarters campground. As I recall there were 3 rules posted, speed limit, keep right, and don't get on the roof of your RV.
I don't think they have any right not to tell me to get on the roof of my own RV.

I don't think they have any right not to tell me to get on the roof of my own RV.
I agree!!! What would I do if I couldn't go up on my sun deck!!! Another line in the sand!!!

well like most rules, that one probably has someone’s name on it. In the fire service you can almost always track a rule like that back to someone who did something stupid and/or caused a problem. FMCA probably got sued because someone fell off their roof.

Latest resources

Back