RV Make
Alpinelite
RV Length
26'
TOW/TOAD
2016 Ram 1500
Fulltimer
Yes
I have a friend that had is last vehicle totaled. I suggested he move up from tent camping and he took my suggestion as I would be happy to convert what he bought to camp in the summer. So much for taking it easy this winter, I am now head long into converting his mini van into a mini motor home. I will take some pics and add as I build.

To date he wants to keep the seats in although I think if removed he would have all that storage under the floor. I put a rack on the roof that is dedicated to a 250w solar panel.

Well I have been busy today and installed much of the cabinet work. This is the van.
van.jpg

This is the solar panel, 250 watts. this will power a fridge/freezer and keep the lights on and devices charged.

van solar panel.jpg

The cabinet in the door has place for cloths, journals he keeps and Android tablet.

van cabinet door side.jpg

Here is a look inside at the cabinet with table extended

van dinet.jpg

Looks as if you have solar panel installed also, looks good.

That is certainly unique. I will be following this one.

Nice, I'll be following as well.

My grandfather lived in 29 Palms California and I swear, your place looks exactly like it. Also, how do you like that expandable ladder? And how much does it weigh?

TIA!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. Looking forward to updates.

Nice, I'll be following as well.

My grandfather lived in 29 Palms California and I swear, your place looks exactly like it. Also, how do you like that expandable ladder? And how much does it weigh?

TIA!
The van is in front of my friends place. I'm there but a few hundred feet behind him. I have used the ladder and my opinion is it is to heavy for me. It is nice when it comes to space but I will find space for a standard ladder.

The van is in front of my friends place. I'm there but a few hundred feet behind him. I have used the ladder and my opinion is it is to heavy for me. It is nice when it comes to space but I will find space for a standard ladder.
That's what I was afraid of. It sure would be handy to have an extension ladder in the coach though.

That's what I was afraid of. It sure would be handy to have an extension ladder in the coach though.
If I had a coach as tall as what most of you have I would likely forget the weight and buy.

Today I got the kitchen in.

rv back.jpg

But, before we get there Let me show you the fresh water tank.

van water tank.jpg

The sink is not the normal sink you would expect. Remember in another post I talked about dual use?

kitchen pan sink.jpg

This is also the pan used for cooking, But there is more...

kitchen pan stored.jpg

Under the pan is stored the salad dish he eats with, Under that is measuring cups.

In the middle of the cabinet will be mounted his colman stove on ball slides. You may be asking how do we put the pan away? Well.

20201112_133624.jpg

The lid of this drawer lifts up to captivate the pan and contents.

Latest resources

Back