Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I've been in some crazy cold weather in the past and present. I could not be happier with how comfortable my Newmar Ventana is in this cold weather. I have the diesel burner on at all times, use the furnace (and prefer it over heat pump even when heat pump can work) and I've been super comfortable. I don't have the heated floors, I wear socks valued at $6K a pair ? but I'm sure you folk are enjoying your heat as well, and even those with fireplaces. We're lucky, I talked to someone today in a trailer and they don't fair so well in the cold.

Thank you Newmar and ITR (OASIS) for a great setup for cold weather ops.

I couldn’t agree more Neal. While our Bay Star has the propane furnace vs Oasis, it does a fantastic job of staying comfortable. We are camping for Christmas this week in Central Pennsylvania and it was 19 degrees for a low last night. The furnace ran a handful of times overnight and we had no issues with our wet bay temperatures based on monitoring. I wish the storage bays had some residual heat but that’s for the next coach in ten years.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newmar does an amazing job at insulating their motorhomes, in my opinion this is one of the top features that sets Newmar apart form the competition.

We are stationary for a couple of months (in Myrtle Beach) so I try not to use the burner because I have no feel for amount of fuel it uses. I will say if we were only here for a short time I would use the burner more, but for now only use it for hot water when we need to take two hot showers in the 34 degree weather and don't feel like waiting the 10-15 minutes for the electric to recover. HP seems to work ok for now..

Anyone have a feel for Oasis vs degrees vs fuel usage, would be interesting to know for those of us that are full time.

Yup. Agreed!

We were in Nappanee over Thanksgiving and not only got to test our DS in 26°, but also 50 MPH winds and rain. The insulation is Ebro we heard about quiet. The floor heaters (sorry Neal, we couldn’t afford the socks) are awesome. And, we too, seem to enjoy the Oasis furnace over the heat pumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I echo the previous statements. When in cold weather, (which we avoid when at all possible) we usually just use the floor heat which seems to be good by itself to about 40 deg outside temp. After that, we use the Oasis on electric and it works great.

This was the first fall that we really used the diesel burner on a consistent basis. We were never in extremely cold temps but had numerous mornings where it was in the high 30's and low 40's.

I get up an hour or so before the DW. What impresses me is that I can close the pocket door to the bedroom and run the zone I furnace with the diesel burner and it brings the temp up to 68 or 69 very quickly, while at the same time the bedroom area stays in the low 60's. Very good insulation and heating systems.

That’s a $6,000 dollar pair of heated socks minus the 27% disconnect of course ?
Just keepin it real

We are stationary for a couple of months (in Myrtle Beach) so I try not to use the burner because I have no feel for amount of fuel it uses. I will say if we were only here for a short time I would use the burner more, but for now only use it for hot water when we need to take two hot showers in the 34 degree weather and don't feel like waiting the 10-15 minutes for the electric to recover. HP seems to work ok for now..

Anyone have a feel for Oasis vs degrees vs fuel usage, would be interesting to know for those of us that are full time.

From their web site approximately 0.44 gal/hour. That's a continuous hour, the burner typically only runs a few minutes at a time as needed.

In my experience if you have the furnace on supplying heat then hot water will be very limited if any. I also read a lot of posts about people not using their burner. I highly recommend you do and do so frequently just like exercising the gen. You don't want the diesel in the lines or filter to gum up then when you really need it you could be in for trouble. Also the ignitor filters, etc. need to be used and cycled and of course annual service performed which you can do yourself. There are youtube videos. Moral to my story USE YOUR BURNER, it's a great system, the hot water and heat from it is awesome. When the temps don't require furnace I'll turn the burner on 10 minutes prior to showering then turn it off after the shower.

I'm also happy with the coach and staying cool in the summer and warm in cold weather. After owning the Discovery with tile floors I swore I would never own a coach with tile floors that weren't heated. Those floors would get so cold and foot or so of space above them cold that just sitting on the couch you had to have your feet up on a stool to keep them warm. We feel in love with Newmar and the 4037-floor plan but couldn't find one in our price range till we ran into the used 2017 Ventana LE 4037 but it didn't have heated floors but it did have linoleum, not tile. Knowing I not going to get everything I want in the coach we purchased it. We have found that the linoleum does get cold but not near as cold feeling as the tile floors and with little heat warm right up. If we purchase again (doubtfull) heated floors again will be high on my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back