RV Year
RV Make
HL Enterprise
RV Model
Harbor View 24CKRBMB
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
So, my wife and I are in our 70's and until 2 years ago were avid boaters. We had power boats that we used to travel the great lakes and some of the rivers. But my wife has Multiple Sclerosis and over time has become wheelchair bound. We sold our last boat and are now trying to decide if we can restart our travel but this time by motor home. Our thought is it would enable us to travel and take our bathroom, bedroom, etc with us and be much easier for her.

I've been looking into what kinds of things might be available to assist. The big issues to solve would be how to get her on and off of the motor home, size of and accessibility to the commode and shower, and accessibility to the bed. Width of the aisle through then center of the unit would also be important.

I'm looking for any insights or advice others can share. I've seen both fairly substantial wheelchair lifts as well as chair lifts similar to stair glides in houses. We're thinking class A motor homes would be our best choice. Thanks in advance for any responses you might make.

Welcome aboard, @getaweigh; glad to have you with us here on RVF.

Some Class A RV manufacturers do produce wheelchair accessible units. Newmar does and I'm pretty sure there are others. Here's a link to Newmar's offerings. Wheelchair accessible motorhomes and RVs | Newmar

You may find some of this type of unit available on the pre-owned market too. I'd contact some of the larger RV dealers in your area to see what might be available.

Good luck in your search.

TJ

Latest resources

Back