• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Insomnia...

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I have restless leg syndrome. I've been through 2 sleep studies where I spent the night hooked up to all sorts of machines. The Doc said I was kicking my legs about every minute or two all night. I was "asleep" but never getting to the good REM sleep we all need. So, I was just as tired when I woke up as when I went to bed. I was exhausted all the time!! Now I take Clonipan (Clonazapam). It's an anti Anxiety drug that also does wonders for restless legs. It really helps on those nights when I can't turn my mind off or have business issues that I can't put out of my mind. In the past year or two I'm not even taking it every night so I seem to be getting better.

A glug of Generic nite time Nyquil gets me past my 2:30 a.m. wake up time.

A glug of Generic nite time Nyquil gets me past my 2:30 a.m. wake up time.
If I've gone a week or more I will go the benadryl route (active ingredient in the nyquil zzzzz) but more than two days on that and I can't think. I'm not doing school at the moment but when I did I could really see the side effects.

Physical activity typically works for me. Driving only makes me mentally tired. However, unless I have had a day of physical work I don't sleep more than 4-6 hours. I find reading a book will put me back to sleep if I wake up too early. Also, I use a CPAP which has helped get meaningful sleep.

Also, calcium rich foods or supplements help you establish a sleep routine. i.e. warm glass of whole milk

"Calcium. As well as strengthening bones and teeth, calcium helps the brain use the amino acid tryptophan to manufacture melatonin, which induces sleep. This explains why a glass of warm milk is thought to help you get to sleep, as dairy products contain both tryptophan and calcium."

Latest resources

Back