• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Tip Inspect your silicone caulks

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I have noticed water coming out of the bottom of that vertical channel when the drains get plugged. I'll be up in the roof again checking just where to seal it.

I don't know what these "belt rail" things are for. Do they serve a purpose?

Like a boat’s rub rail that seals and hides the cap where it joins the hull?

Not 100% sure but I believe the belt rail serves to hide/seal the horizontal seam between the upper coach sides and the lower compartment frames. They also would prevent water intrusion into the lower compartments.

Following up on this thread I got up on the roof today to take a few pictures of the EAA AirVenture grounds I'm camping at for the next few days. Knowing I have the issue as outlined in the OP I figured I'd take a close look to see if there is a leak up top as I suspect water intrusion. Yep, found it. The silicone bead is intact and looks fine along the molding strip that is starting at the top and going down the side of the coach. However, if you pull on the silicone slightly you would see that it is detached and not sealing against the molding. As with other places it's time to remove old silicone beads and redo them.

This is something that Newmar Service found on the CanyonStar and resealed at one of the annual visits. Silicon sealant is tricky stuff.

Was on the roof a couple of weeks ago servicing the coils on the heat pumps. Very surprised how bad the dicor has cracked. needs repair.... another job

@Rich W. that is how the Ventana became the Ventessex. Just a little ole Neal thinking outside the box.
Also how did you end up with stainless baggage door trim? I didn't think that was an option on the Ventana.

Latest resources

Back