Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mike_b42

RVF Regular
Hello, I am new here. Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question. If not, let me know where to repost. So, here goes:

I have an older RV (Four Winds Majestic 2004 on Ford E450 chassis). I am in the process of updating it a bit, and what I am working on right now is the installation solar panels on the roof. I have a few questions, and I am hoping that someone here can help me.

1) I am not sure if I can walk on the roof of the RV. There is no ladder on the back, so does that mean I can't walk on the roof? I can probably work around this problem.
2) I have seen some videos where people use tape and glue to attach items on the roof. I am hesitant to do either. the gluing seems to be a bit unsafe, the drilling could leave the roof leaking. What is the best way to attach something to the roof?
3) where is the best place to run the panel cable(s) to the house battery?
4) The engine compartment has a diagram that shows a lead to solar panels, but there are no panels on the roof. Neither can I find a clear indication where I would find the connection point. Has anybody connected panels to the batter? What's the best or suggested way to do that?

Thanks.

Hello...not aue if this is still relevant for you, but best way in is normally through the fridge vent when it is done through roof...
Panel install would be best with holes through flashing and caulked up with dicor self leveling.
When doing my roof this year, i am aming for similar thing

Latest resources

Back