Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Over at the Red Diamond display got talking about air compressors and they showed me their Air Booster procuct. Seems like a reasonable solution for on board compressed air.
Small footprint.
Simple operation.
Purchased a unit at the show discount with free installations.
See how it works on the way home.
IMG_1772.jpeg

I must admit, I've debated getting one of these. With my air system at 120 psi and my tires being 110 psi in the front and 100 psi on the rear duals based on weights and tire inflation table I don't know if it is something I need vs want as I haven't ran into an issue other than it takes longer to top off the tires the last 15-20 lbs of pressure. Please let us know how it works out for you. Also very curious about where/how they mounted it. Pictures of the installation? Thanks!

Best,
-Mark

Over at the Red Diamond display got talking about air compressors and they showed me their Air Booster procuct. Seems like a reasonable solution for on board compressed air.
Small footprint.
Simple operation.
Purchased a unit at the show discount with free installations.
See how it works on the way home.
View attachment 25128
Where do they mount it?

Mount is near the front air chuck above the compressor. I’ll provide pics when installation is complete.
According to the Sales rep, this unit is capable of producing 200 psi usable. On the face you can adjust the pressure as low as you like. Can be used for car tires as well as RV tires.

Final installation this morning. Mikey Kamp from Spartan (formally Newmar 27 yrs) did a great job installing and explaining how the system works.
As much as 200 psi working pressure. Will inflate tires in a very short time.

IMG_1776.jpegIMG_1777.jpeg

Interesting, may have to check that out while at Spartan factory for the run flat install this September.

Final installation this morning. Mikey Kamp from Spartan (formally Newmar 27 yrs) did a great job installing and explaining how the system works.
As much as 200 psi working pressure. Will inflate tires in a very short time.
Thanks for the pics Joe! So did the black air supply hose to this new device have a male connector that simply inserted into the female quick air connector that was already there from the factory or did they remove the factory quick connector and install a threaded direct connection?

Best,
-Mark

Simply inserted chuck in factory supply air supply receptacle and looped black tube to shark bite on air boost unit.
Tie wrapped the factory receptacle piece up so no movement. There is a ball valve to isolate the installation when not in use.
Very clean and logical process.
Mikey is very knowledgeable on both Newmar and Spartan maintenance repairs.
Helped me with a few things and questions on RV.IMG_1779.jpegIMG_1780.jpeg

We currently carry a separate compressor with a 200psi limit specifically for the purpose of airing the steer tires that need 130psi.
Downsides to our separate compressor is the extra space consumed and it doesn’t have an air dryer.
Ever since @ARD did her write up of her Red Diamond unit I have been considering a change. @sheridany talked about how much he liked his air doubler. Now @Joe Hogan has this nice write up.

Maybe, just maybe….

Latest resources

Back