Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TexasClassic

RVF Newbee
Just an FYI: There's no easy way to remove and install the bump stops. The engine support bracket creates a closed channel where bump stop is attached. To add to the difficulty there are high pressure lines and brake lines running through there. I got the old bump stops off using an oil filter wrench to loosen until I could get a wrench on the nut in the channel to finish removal. (The Sumo stops use a 13mm nut and the factory was 15mm.) Installing was almost impossible. the 13mm nut is a locking nut which is good because getting a washer and the nut on the bolt inside the frame channel was beyond me. I used tape to hold the nut in a boxed end wrench and managed after many attempt to get it started on the bolt. If you have large hands forget it. I got them tight after much effort and I think they'll be an improvement but I recommend anyone with the engine support bracket in this location to just take it to a shop. I'm sure they have a special tool for just such work.

Well...thank you VERY much. I was seriously considering such a "swap" and now think I'll let that slide. If you had issues my attempt would be a disaster 😉 Mostly likely I would get it half way done to a point where I couldn't even take it to a shop... Besides, with new stops I couldn't complain about our &*&^$^% roads in California.

Latest resources

Back