Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
In my post about adding a Dometic CF-80 cooler to my 2017 Newmar Ventana 4037 I mentioned that I also bought the Insulated Cover for the CF-80. I'm currently in AZ where afternoons are in the 70's on a nice day, the basement per my monitor is typically in the mid to upper 70's. In my cooler I have only drinks and extra milk, wine, soda, gatorade, beer, etc. I noticed the drinks weren't that cold which I had 34 or 35 degrees set. My frig at my house uses 37 degrees. I decided to run the set temp down to 32 and see what happens worried some drinks may be frozen. After a few days they were not frozen but still not as cold as expected so I figured the cooler was struggling and with summer ahead the last I want is to be drawing more than needed power for the cooler. Since installing the Dometic cooler I've had the insulated cover on the lower part (everything below the lid) but did not have the top covered as it is a little less convenient to get into the cooler as you have to unvelcro the front and sides to get it open. I put the cover on and after 24 hours the drinks were noticeably cooler, the insulation of the full insulated cover made a bid difference. I'll be keeping it fully covered now.

Installing it is easy, just remove all contents and remove your cooler. Insert the cooler into the lower part of the insulated cover then reinstall into the slideout rail. It will be tight but fits. That's all there is to it. The top part for the lid velcro's to the lower part on all four sides for a secure insulated layer. Dometic must have known the walls of the cooler were not sufficiently insulated and came out with this additional insulation system which is odd.

For Dometic CF-80: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079VN6N9V/?tag=rvf01-20

For Dometic CF-110 (later model Newmars, etc): Amazon.com: Dometic CF-IC110 CF110 Insulated Protective Cover for CF 110: Automotive

IMG_1583.png

Latest resources

Back