Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2024 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
Yes
We have a Dutch Star and we are in Yellowstone Park. With temps getting lower, I wanted to know how everyone insulated their hoses since they are on reels how do you get it installed. Do you disconnect the hose at nite and once temps get high install it again? Open to suggestions. Thanks

when I am out in temps below 40° I hook up the heated Camco hose and bring that back into the wet bay along with the external filter (camco). If caught off guard, we revert to "dry camping" and keep all hoses and camco filter inside the heated wet bay :)

Same, why would you leave the hose out?
Agreed with the last two posts. Fill your fresh water tank and leave the hoses stored until you need them. It could get to freezing during the day without much warning as well.

Darrell

Same, why would you leave the hose out?
Agreed with the last two posts. Fill your fresh water tank and leave the hoses stored until you need them. It could get to freezing during the day without much warning as well.

Darrell

Makes sense. Is there a heater switch for the water Bay Area too? Also, we only have the macerater option on this coach, would you leave that out in the elements or bring that in too during the colder weather?

Bring it in and shut tank valves

DS should be the same as our MA - as long a the bedroom or rear heat is enabled the wet bay will regulate itself starting at about 40°. If the oasis is turned off for living area the wet bay will not heat. Separate fans and auto-temp control but on a common heating fluid loop

Latest resources

Back