Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Recently I called my insurance company to discuss insurance premiums during prolonged storage. We typically maintain full coverage as we use the Coach most months of the year. With the current environment I decided to remove collision coverage, i.e. storage coverage only, as we are not going to be using the Coach for the foreseeable future, next several months. The savings is a considerable percentage on the overall premium. Does anyone else change coverage for periods of time?

We haven't. Even when stored, I will periodically take the coach out for a trip to the service shop, fuel station, detail shop, etc. Having to start/stop insurance coverage every time I want to do that becomes an inconvenience. We just consider having insurance a necessary expense and leave it at that.

TJ

I really can’t imagine doing this. What if you decide to take the coach out for a few days? Here you have this beautiful expensive equipment that you can’t use. I vote with TJ on this one....really a standard, necessary expense.

Agreed, reinstating insurance collision is another step to take before moving the RV. This insurance reduction plan is in 30 day increments. I am fairly confident that the RV will not be driven on the road in the next 30 days. There is some maintenance to be done. So I will do that. By July I will probably change the insurance to full coverage if we are heading north to cooler climates.

Latest resources

Back