• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Insurance Information

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
No 8K as I'm not canceling USAA (Amazon Amazon?) so I don't get the meulah! Going to hold on to USAA for the cars and went with Safeco for the MH.

Here is another FYI on the insurance front. Some if not many of you/us had/have AGREED VALUE or replacement cost (much more expensive). When renewing you don't get those options as they have to be bought in the first 12 months. Insurance agencies know this and will likely hike your rates significantly as they know you're trapped with them which you either eat the cost as your payout will be higher in that small percentage you would need this or move to another provider where your only option is CASH VALUE. I was lucky (I think) in buying gap coverage so at least the loan would be paid off in full. But the moral is know that if you decide to change to another insurer you don't get the option of agreed value or replacement cost.

It's the game of insurance aka gambling. Know anyone that has received an agreed or replacement cost payout? Typically (knock on wood) RV drivers are safer drivers but we have the risk of tire blowouts and catastrophic events which may not be covered anyways, i.e. earthquake swallows your RV. In my opinion paying super high premiums for extremely small risk is not money well spent. Put it in the market instead and self-insure as we discuss many times with warranties. Insurance is a warranty as well but obviously the liability and injury part is significant but that is the lowest cost of premiums.

Know the game(s)...FYI

I have a concern about the window coverage with Safeco as they title it "Window Repair" and not replacement. I emailed my Overland rep this morning, nothing heard back yet. Amazing how you get immediate responses prior to a sale but after you're waiting forever it seems. So we'll see how this question is handled and answered and I hope I'm not going to have to abandon this one too. Never heard back from Geico, not sure why.

FMCA just emailed me the quote for Safeco at $1909 with what appears to be the same numbers from Overland at $400 less for Safeco.

Your insurance gets cheaper by the day.

FMCA just emailed me the quote for Safeco at $1909 with what appears to be the same numbers from Overland at $400 less for Safeco.
Keep at @Neal pretty soon someone will be paying you to insure “Amazon “ AKA VentEssex

Today I got the Geico email, the best deal, yes, although some of the coverages need to be increased as they are too low but that's not usually where the cost is. MH + 2 cars around $1250/year. I renewed via Safeco and will stay there as I have a hard time tearing myself away from USAA. I'm willing to pay more for the knowns and what I've experienced in the past including the hail damage to my toad when at Hilton Motorcoach and how they handled that.

Note for USAA members regarding subscriber savings. In order to get the balance you would need to be 100% clear of USAA. I have home, life, umbrella, auto, and other things so unless all of that was cancelled I would not get my payout from SSA.

I would certainly consider Geico if I didn't have the Safeco option now. For anyone looking I recommend checking them out too. As we all know these quotes are very different for each and every one of us.

Latest resources

Back