lahad1

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Entegra
RV Model
29V
RV Length
Not sure where to post this, so I thought I'd start here. We are in the process of buying a 32 ft Class C Entegra 29V. We currently have State Farm for all our other insurance needs. The quote from them seemed high and I've read that there are better options. Progressive through Good Sams quoted about $300.00 a year less. Just wondering what you guys thought. Any thoughts on this?
Thanks so much
L

I use AAA for my vehicles including our Class A, and while pricey, seems competitive with others I've consulted at about $2075/yr with discounts @$1000 deductible. I am actually waiting to get a competitive quote from theFMCA this year, hopefully by tomorrow, to see if AAA is still treating me well. I hear FMCA (RV Insurance - Camper Insurance Quotes | FMCA) has good service, pricing, and specialty plans like disabled driver coverage (which AAA doesn't have-this add on provides a driver to get the vehicle home if I'm down for the count-my wife isn't big on driving our coach).

We also have State Farm, but went with Progressive because they quoted less than 1/2 the cost for the same coverage. Interestingly, Brown and Brown brokerage got us a better price from Progressive than when I went directly to the Progressive site for a quote. (2021 Entegra 24B, less than $700/year)

We were with Progressive that AAA farmed us out to. We have since learned that that somehow a broker got involved and if we just sent with AAA directly we saved 2300k a year!

This got me thinking, so I got an additional quote from Progressive. Saved me about $500 on an apples to apples comparison, but the services are better. Includes pest protection, roof insurance, and most importantly, windshield replacement with $0 deductible. This is a huge value to me, as AAA did NOT cover windshields! I'll be switching soon. I can also cancel my AAA roadside RV insurance, which is an addtional annual fee. Thanks for bringing this issue up.

BTW-FMCA quoted me as Progressive as well.

I have USAA and they dont insur MHs, so I went went progressive through USAA.

$1280 a year for my 06 Fleetwood with a stated value of $28,500.

I have a $1000 deductible, 100% glass, roadside and a lot more labiality than the law requires.

T-bone a new BMW or Mercedes and its over 25k in damage in a flash.

We are currently going back and forth with our State Farm agent regarding coverage. I like the 0 deductible for the windshield at Progressive. SF doesn't offer that. I found a similar thread regarding insurance and I've been looking at that. Anyone had any issues with Progressive? Of course it's easier to go with a company that we have been dealing with for 30+ years. (State Farm) However, the nearly $350.00 a year difference is tempting. That's a whole lot of campsites!
L

I was paying around $800 a year for my 30 ft Forrester with Progressive. Don't remember the deductible.

Latest resources

Back