Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
"Interest"ing article I saw posted today:

While it is a sellers market combine this into the equation and it probably promotes that now is a good time to buy.

We may not see rates like these for a long while if and when they start to go up. Remember what they said. Buy low sell high....

pork belly bacon GIF

The thing about interest rates and large purchase like houses, is that the asset is usually priced by the monthly payment. Low interest rate, price of asset typically rises. High interest rate asset price declines.
In the instance of housing, Now throw in the unlimited buying by the Fed of MBS, and you get the perfect storm of run away house prices like we are seeing now.
Once the Fed “slows” or “tappers” the unlimited rampant purchasing of MBS (mortgage backed securities) under the idea of QE, there will be a hard reset in prices.
Typically when housing prices decline, equity loans stop. When home equity loans stop, large hobby type assets like boats, RVs, and other expensive toys sales decline.
over my career as a financial manager of dealer inventory loans, I have personally watched this play out numerous times.

Latest resources

Back