Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Watching this video I was able to pickup on some of the nuances of installing a receptacle box.

I'm not an electrician, but I've had better overall results using insulated tools when playing with electricity. :)

I'm not an electrician, but I've had better overall results using insulated tools when playing with electricity. :)
But then, an electrician doesn't play with electricity. However Osha has guidelines about insulated tools.

It's done! But working for the right place will cost your job!
I knew the boss, he could be an ah but he was me. That was on my own stuff.
I have had my OSHA cards, and certs for different things. The only approval I did not have and am still pissed was the cert to go on the window washer bucket. I was the construction superintendent on a new 62 story in Manhattan ( this was after I retired) I never had the time or reason to get that cert. I wanted to face my fears.

I knew the boss, he could be an ah but he was me. That was on my own stuff.
I have had my OSHA cards, and certs for different things. The only approval I did not have and am still pissed was the cert to go on the window washer bucket. I was the construction superintendent on a new 62 story in Manhattan ( this was after I retired) I never had the time or reason to get that cert. I wanted to face my fears.
So folks @Underboss can answer all your electrical questions because he was an electrician. That is really good to know!

So folks @Underboss can answer all your electrical questions because he was an electrician. That is really good to know!
Where in my post did I say I was an electrician? I said that was my own stuff. I knew what I needed to to do small repairs, change light fixtures, add switches/plugs, circuits, and breakers. Probably the same as most folks here

Where in my post did I say I was an electrician? I said that was my own stuff. I knew what I needed to to do small repairs, change light fixtures, add switches/plugs, circuits, and breakers. Probably the same as most folks here
So, I have been accused of being cryptic!
Back in the day I was a handyman, a tech, and an apprentice! That seems like a different life! I quizzed here what the difference was between them not long ago. Do you remember?

I am cryptic for a reason! I can offer information that will keep the people safe, that don't know what their doing!

In the video above was an admission that a viewers comment failed the original job, as posted on YouTube. In short he was not an electrician. The tools he used would not have been accepted on a large worksite!

Jim pointed that out! Big thumbs up to Jim!!!

In my cryptic fashion, I said an electrician would be working on a dead circuit.

I responded to your response in a way you would likely tell everyone you were not an electrician! I got the response needed to keep everyone safe here!

For the record! I was one of many that was charged with oversight of apprentices. Also for the record, I still have a lot to learn.

As your history, the width and breadth of my experience shocks me. First 10 years, a tool and diemaker, specializing in electrical contacts, leads and stuff I do not think I can see now without a magnifying glass lol
Took a break in that career and went to work on the road for a major artist. A brief synopsis since, building sets for the movie industry, grip, handyman, started a construction company, a cabinet shop, a hot rod shop, consultant to the state of California Contractors Board to which I held three licenses. One was a GC license which required you to have knowledge of electrical. Structural masonry inspector, concrete and compaction inspector/tester in Manhattan, Construction superintendent on a skyscraper. And let me not forget a published technical writer.
So with all the years in construction, I am not fearful to run a new circuit, add a subpanel etc. Its not rocket science, it is experience that gives you the ability to take on work. Would I add a subpanel on a customers house, no. Would I add it on a property I own, yes and get permits/inspections as required

Latest resources

Back