• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Intermittent Oasis Problem

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Interestingly, I've replaced 2 pumps and neither blew a fuse. I just washed some dishes and it started with cold water, instantly went to hot then instantly went back to cold. I think its either the pump or the temperature sensor.

Do you do the annual services?

Yeah, sounds like a TSTAT issue. Wherever that is. Let us know. This is a new one for me.

Yep...I've never heard of anyone having this issue either and yes, I do the required annual maintenance. I'm going to wait and see if I can anyone from ITR on the phone Monday before crawling into the bay when it may be something else.

I would try the bypass switch. If you get steady hot water, you’re back to a pump problem.

I tried that and its intermittent.

I spoke with ITR and he is 99% sure its the summer loop pump. Fun times are ahead.

Replaced the summer loop pump and now have consistently hot water.

After having a similar issue as Texas Clodhopper last week with intermittent hot water from my ITR Oasis unit, I was luckily successful calling ITR and getting Arman Emamian on the phone.
When I told Arman my issue, he emailed me the pic below. Then he said to use a multi meter to see if the wires to my summer pump showed current. I did this and they did not so he said to use another 12V source which I did and still no current. As the picture he sent shows, he then had me remove the wires going to the temperature sensor and jump them. Since one was a female and the other male, I simply plugged them together. Doing this caused the summer pump to start. Arman new that the cold water sensor was bad. He urged me to replace the temp sensor asap since the pump would run constantly until the sensor was replaced.

I had them overnight me the sensor. Replacing it was very simple. Problem solved.

I hope this helps others having the same problem.

Laurent aka Not so tall Texan

Attachments

• DM12[770]  Oasis water heater pump picture.png
    DM12[770] Oasis water heater pump picture.png
    884.8 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back