Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2022 GMC Canyon AT4
Fulltimer
No
My Oasis is giving me intermittent problems with the hot water supply. It is good for one or two days or even a few hours and then no hot water. There are no fault lights on the unit or on the control module. When I toggle the switch on top of the CM, I don't hear the summer loop pump come on but for whatever reason, I start getting hot water. I have spare pumps but I'm not sure that's the problem. I called ITR twice this week and left a message with no callback. Any advice?

You didn't specify if using electric elements, burner, or both.

Voltmeter to see that you're getting 120V to each electric element. Could be a bad relay. I replaced one.

You didn't specify if using electric elements, burner, or both.

Voltmeter to see that you're getting 120V to each electric element. Could be a bad relay. I replaced one.

Neal, I've tried all ways. When its working it works on AC1/AC2, AC1, or burner.

Check all fuses in the distribution module

I will check the fuses but if its a blown fuse, why would it work sometime and not work some other times?

Assuming electrical is a constant that would imply a pump on the fritz. As you may recall I had a ton of electrical (wiring) issues on mine. You may want to pull the top cover (120V inputs) and hour meter off and inspect in there to make sure all wires look good. No shorts, etc. You could have a short going on, who knows.

It has to be the summer loop pump. I turned the the T-stat to furnace and it is heating as it should. Sound like a day on my belly replacing the pump.

It has to be the summer loop pump. I turned the the T-stat to furnace and it is heating as it should. Sound like a day on my belly replacing the pump.
All my bad pumps blew the fuse when they went bad. Four of them so far. I bench tested one bad pump with a power supply and watched it go up in smoke. When it can no longer spin, it builds up a lot of resistance. So an intermittent problem may be something else. Did you check the fuses yet?

All the fuses meter out good.

Latest resources

Back