Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Tip Introduction, but after I'm set up PLEASE!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

FL-JOE

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Forest River
RV Model
Salem FSX 270RTK-X
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2022 Ford Expedition Timberline
Fulltimer
Yes
This happens to us two or three times a year in our travels, but this season it happened on our first stop!

Pulled into a site yesterday around 3pm. Did a quick walk-around and began getting everything hooked up. Just a one-night stop so it was only electric, water, and sewer. Just as I began (under the close supervision of the DW) my camping neighbor comes out and starts a conversation "hey, where you guys from", " what do you use for navigation", "have you ever used Waze"........

Anyway, this isn't our first rodeo. The DW knows when this happens that she needs to be the main conversation contributor so I can continue to get us hooked up and out of the 96 degree Florida heat. I stay on track giving an occasional "yep" or "not really" appropriate answer. Finally, when I am almost finished with my duties the friendly neighbor announces "wow, it is pretty hot out here, I'll let you get hooked up", and with that he heads back in to his a/c.

So once again, my 2022 tip for newbies is to let your neighbor get completely set up before approaching them.

Of course I could return the favor this morning if my neighbor decides to head out before us. If he comes out and starts getting hooked up I could go out with my coffee and follow him around talking to him.

The other option is put your hand in the sewer hose and say "what's this" and then go shake their hand and introduce yourself :)

Well, always consider, he may be new or does not rad forums.

"and you kids get off my lawn!!!!!" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The DW knows when this happens that she needs to be the main conversation contributor . . . Finally, when I am almost finished with my duties the friendly neighbor announces "wow, it is pretty hot out here, I'll let you get hooked up", and with that he heads back in to his a/c.
Sounds to me like the neighbor wanted to talk to your wife more than you. lol

All good points!!!!

Latest resources

Back