• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Inverter fuse size; 300A vs 350A

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
...this fuse should rarely fail and I would be concerned if it did.

Apparently if you throw the right number of Watts on the line it can get up in amps quickly. I don't know the math but I know @MapNerd used an Air Fryer pushing 1700W on the inverter line on top of whatever else was on the circuit.

Apparently if you throw the right number of Watts on the line it can get up in amps quickly. I don't know the math but I know @MapNerd used an Air Fryer pushing 1700W on the inverter line on top of whatever else was on the circuit.
It was the convection oven and dishwasher also running. Everything had been going so smoothly we forgot we were on 30amps

Fuses arrived today....brand was Littlefuse.

And good to know what could blow it.

:)

My fuse blew while using the batteries boon docking. MapNerd yours blew while hooked to shore power? I wouldn't think it would blow since you're using shore power and not running solely off the batteries. I'm not sure mine would have blown if the stud bolts holding the fuse were tight. We had a griddle, microwave, TV and maybe the cook top but not sure about cook top. That's probably stretching it a good bit. Generator auto start was set wherever Newmar or whomever set it. I'm not exactly sure what the setting were.

Fuses arrived today....brand was Littlefuse.

And good to know what could blow it.

And, did you order the Riedon version? If so, you got the same substitution I did. Nice $50 upgrade at no extra charge!

TJ

And, did you order the Riedon version? If so, you got the same substitution I did. Nice $50 upgrade at no extra charge!

TJ

Yea, sure did... I agree, nice ”upgrade”

My fuse blew while using the batteries boon docking. MapNerd yours blew while hooked to shore power? I wouldn't think it would blow since you're using shore power and not running solely off the batteries. I'm not sure mine would have blown if the stud bolts holding the fuse were tight. We had a griddle, microwave, TV and maybe the cook top but not sure about cook top. That's probably stretching it a good bit. Generator auto start was set wherever Newmar or whomever set it. I'm not exactly sure what the setting were.
Yeah but I was on 30amp. The wings my wife makes in that air fryer are totally worth it. Had more of em today

TJ

Recieved mine today, got the same upgrade. Took a week to arrive but we are out in Ajo, AZ where things don’t happen very fast.

TJ
Mine just arrived, same update @ n/c.
Thanks TJ

By now, the inventory folks at Digi-Key are scratching their heads and wondering how those fuses somehow apply to the coronavirus. :ROFLMAO:

TJ

Latest resources

Back