RV Length
12metres
Chassis
1FCNF53S120A07069
Engine
2E674AB0201050973
Fulltimer
Yes
Have you ever come across the attached Invertor, I think it was fitted at the time of the RV Ford Coachman manufactured, around 2003 in the States. It basically controls all my electrical in the RV. It is also hooked up to a UPS system.
My concern is that I don't think it would last very long as is already working 24/7 and overheating. Living in the RV permanently.
Based on your experience and knowledge what would be my best option to replace/upgrade the system?
Hoping you be able to assist me with this. It would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

Attachments

• Power Master 4000w Pure Sine Wave Inverter.jpg
    Power Master 4000w Pure Sine Wave Inverter.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 8
I’ve never seen that one, but if I were buying a new inverter for an RV it would be a Victron, Magnum, or Outback, sized to strike a balance between your energy needs (wants) and your battery bank capacity. They are the only inverters Ive found that are made with quality components/internals, and intended for the mobile environment. Xantrex was in this catagory until they began outsourcing their manufacturing and component acquisition to China.

Last edited:
Thanks, I am currently looking at the Victron range, very pricey though!

I’ve never seen that one, but if I were buying a new inverter for an RV it would be a Victron, Magnum, or Outback, sized to strike a balance between your energy needs (wants) and your battery bank capacity. They are the only inverters Ive found that are made with quality components/internals, and intended for the mobile environment. Xantrex was in this catagory until they began outsourcing their manufacturing and component acquisition to China.
When did Xantrex change? We have their Freedom X Sine Wave Inverter in our 2020 Vision

When did Xantrex change? We have their Freedom X Sine Wave Inverter in our 2020 Vision
Xantrex has been bounced around from Trace to Schneider to MCE over the last 15 years or so. I don’t know which products are made where or by whom anymore, but I’d be surprised to see any Xantrex labeled equipment made anywhere but China in the last 10 years. I wouldn’t worry about existing Xantrex equipment but if I were replacing, upgrading, or building a new system, I wouldn’t base it around a Xantrex inverter, just because there are better choices available.

Latest resources

Back