• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question iPhone 12

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
On the good side, I really like the magsafe (magnetic back) of the iPhone 12. This is the single biggest thing for this phone IMHO. As a creative thinker, my mind races with what you can do with that feature. Mounts in cars, accessories, put your phone on the front of your frig, bed rail, whatever.

On the bad side, cellular companies are going to get richer. It's already criminal how much we pay and they charge for "a phone" but hey, we'll pay. We are going to see rates go up big for 5G I'm guessing. I recently changed my AT&T plan to add 5G and luckily the price remained the same. The infrastructure cost is going to roll right down to the paying customer. Brace yourself.

I ordered the IPhone 12 Pro as soon as pre-orders opened. I'm replacing my XS. I'm hoping 5g becomes available in more places fast. Cheers

I think I'll keep my Lumia 950 - has a 20mega pixel camera. Best phone I've ever had. I used to use iPhones....

I love my iPhone X. It works, I don't NEED a new phone, I don't need to spend $1300. But the camera...that is what is so important these days, not the phone, not calls, the photography especially with RVing capturing the journey, the dog, etc. It's all about the camera....to me.

You have way too much disposable income @Neal. :)

@Neal - did you get your phone ordered? I just booked my Pro Max w/256GB, looks like ATT was saying Nov 13 delivery. The trade in credit for my iphoneX was great at $700. Worth the wait.

Jim,
A rich man once said:
Happiness is not in the money. It is in the AMOUNT !

You folks springing for a $1300 phone would be embarrassed if you knew what it costs Apple to make one. My son is a licensed customs broker in the import-export business. A few years back, he was involved in the importation of a bunch of the then-latest iPhones (I don't remember the exact model). The import duty valuation (which must be documented) was in the single-digit dollars range! Yep, the iPhone they were selling at the time for hundreds of dollars cost Apple less than a 10-spot. Yikes!!!

TJ

@Neal - did you get your phone ordered? I just booked my Pro Max w/256GB, looks like ATT was saying Nov 13 delivery. The trade in credit for my iphoneX was great at $700. Worth the wait.
I ordered TWO! I was waiting forever for the Apple site to open up and AT&T opened first. I wanted to order through Apple as I get a veteran discount as they give 10% off everything to veterans. AT&T was more expensive but I need it before I depart late December. And I didn't like I couldn't get AppleCare on AT&T but know I can do that later. So then Apple opened up and I said heck with it and ordered there with the AppleCare including theft/loss protection. I was able to cancel the AT&T order (but we know how that works out).

Damn, that's awesome on trade-in for the iPhone X. I didn't think Apple offered that much so AT&T must offer more. I figured I'd sell it on my own but I doubt I'll get $700 for it.

So it will be here Nov 13th.

TOTAL for iPhone 12 PRO MAX with 512 GB and AppleCare Theft/Loss and taxes: 1603.54

I just did another order run through with Apple and they give $250 for the iPhone X.

You can still order now and get it Nov 13th. That is very odd as by now usually these things are in 4-6 week delay.

Okay, changing from 512 down to lower storage options now shows 7-10 business days where the 512 still locks to Nov 13th.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back