Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Is there any value to being a Good Sam member?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Bob K4TAX

RVF Expert
RV Year
RV Make
Forest River
RV Model
Wildwood XL 253 RLXL
RV Length
25 ft or so
TOW/TOAD
Chev 2011 Silverado Crew Cab LTZ
Fulltimer
No
Just as the subject says, how many and which RV travel organizations should one belong to? I don't mind the annual subscriptions for one or two but after a while, it does add up. And to what benefits? If you had to choose one, which one would it be and why?

Bob, K4TAX

Good Sam;
10% discount at many campgrounds
$.05/gal of gasoline at Pilot/Flying J truck stops

That is all I use it for.

I use Coach-Net for roadside assistance.

I've wondered what the RV Park is getting for being a member of Good Sam? I called a couple of times, but the people answering the phones don't seem to know.

So the park is giving up 10% for nothing? Doesn't make sense.

I've wondered what the RV Park is getting for being a member of Good Sam? I called a couple of times, but the people answering the phones don't seem to know.

So the park is giving up 10% for nothing? Doesn't make sense.

I think there are people who believe that being a Good Sam park means the park received the Good Housekeeping seal of approval. Far from it, IME. I can point you to a NC CG along I-95 that is little more than a slum.

I think there are people who believe that being a Good Sam park means the park received the Good Housekeeping seal of approval. Far from it, IME. I can point you to a NC CG along I-95 that is little more than a slum.
Sounds to me like GS has a pretty good scam going. The parks do the work and give GS money to belong, and then another 10% off the booking.

I didn't like the idea a year ago when I called them. Might be OK for the traveler, but for the park, I don't see any value.

If a park is counting on increased traffic because of the GS membership, I would advise them to just advertise that ALL discount memberships will be honored. Easy Peazy.

After the replies and private messages, the answer is.......NOPE! My renewal papers just went in the shredder.

No. There is absolutely not any value to a Good Sam membership. Unless you support a dickhead like Marcus Lemonis.

Latest resources

Back