Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
Fulltimer
Yes
Climbed on the roof today to mount my Husky Parsec 7-in-1 antenna as I had been keeping it on the dash since I upgraded to a Pepwave Max Transit Duo.

i always get on the roof from the rear of the coach and when I got to the top, on the driver side where the rear faux rail meets the rear cap, I saw this
D0235C3A-88C8-44A5-8E5A-A34CA361A187.jpeg

Should I be worried about those hairline cracks?

Pic zoomed out for perspective?

I already put the ladder away and taking the kids to the pool. Will add another when I get back

I don’t like the looks of that. It may just be the gel coat, but those cracks might provide an opening for delamination to start. I’d sure send that photo to the “mother ship” for further evaluation.

TJ

a couple more photos for perspective…
90C522BE-4DA8-4C28-AD2B-7580F2DAF2E1.jpeg

F799AC1D-6A33-47DB-9C44-F4B2BEBACD5D.jpeg

I’m sticking with my first thought; send the photos to Newmar for evaluation. Edit the photos to circle the critical area.

TJ

Annotate the images so they know where to look and send to Newmar.

You may want to send to Girard as well. They may know more about the architecture and structure if related to cross braces for the awning. You’re the first to get Girard on the Ventana.

Oy. My heart.
I’ll pray for you, John.

That’s all fiberglass stuff, don’t think anything to do with Girard.

The good news is, they’ll already know you real well from our Awning Mount “screw up”.

Interestingly enough, the photo seems to show the hairline cracks heading toward the corner of the awning mounting bracket. Probably pure coincidence, but maybe not. Will be interested in hearing what Newmar has to say. They’ve been pretty busy putting out fires recently. :rolleyes:

My take is that even if the cracks are related to the awning mount somehow, it probably isn’t a Girard issue. They provide the awnings, but don’t design the mounting surfaces on the coach or do the actual mounting work. That’s Newmar all the way. And, from my recent experience, that’s too bad because Girard has really stepped up on our problem.

TJ

Latest resources

Back