• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Is this the start of what I think it’s the start of

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Correct me if I am wrong, but would not the S/N of the coach allow them to retrieve the original order, and match what was installed? Seems like some hoops need to be jumped through. I realize last minute changes, but those also should be contained in the OEM order. But who knows?
you would think so, but as you mention sometimes the build sheets don't reflect the ground truth. This is especially true with 2020 units like mine where I have Flexsteel furniture and they then promptly exited the industry at the end of the year. For obvious reasons, its just easier and safer to visually confirm everything that needs to be replaced before placing the orders, especially given that it takes so long for them to get it. I'd be awful upset to show up to the service center after a 6+ month wait and they had the wrong covers.

I was informed that they have a lady with a sewing machine in service center that does nothing but furniture recovering, she used to be a Flexsteel employee. They also have a limited supply of parts.
Front seats have are recovered on site, some of the furniture can be pre-assembled and covered prior to visiting the service center. I was told to plan 5 days for furniture replacement.

My hunch is Flexsteel is no longer selling but is still supplying.

Either from another Forum, or a friend that had been in Napanee, I was told that a former Flexsteel employee acquired the patterns, etc, from Flexsteel.
She has started her own business of making the covers for the various types of furniture previously offered by Flexsteel, and is inundated with orders. Supposedly, she has a number of employees & the business is booming! This could be a valid reason for the delays, as well as why they are asking for the specific tags!

Either from another Forum, or a friend that had been in Napanee, I was told that a former Flexsteel employee acquired the patterns, etc, from Flexsteel.
She has started her own business of making the covers for the various types of furniture previously offered by Flexsteel, and is inundated with orders. Supposedly, she has a number of employees & the business is booming! This could be a valid reason for the delays, as well as why they are asking for the specific tags!
I read this too. In fact, that other thread had a link to the contact.

Also, as stated earlier, Newmar hired one of the employees from Flexsteel to do the work inhouse. I assume other factories did the same thing.

No issues yet, and just passed the 2nd year anniversary. That said, I may have just "jinxed" myself!;)

No issues yet, and just passed the 2nd year anniversary. That said, I may have just "jinxed" myself!;)
The timing of these issues is all over the place.

My 2013 Dutchstar was sold in 2018, and the new owner started having problems 3 months ago. It went from no problems, to large flakes coming off.

He is the 2nd owner, so Newmar is not usually going to assist.

My 2019 Dutchstar never had a problem, and was sold earlier this year. The material felt the same in both coaches, and was not the "premium" ultra-leather.

I have seen some London Aires, and they do feel like a better quality material, but only marginally. If I had to put a cost to the difference, I would not think it was over $400 for the entire coach.

I agree with others that have said that buying a newmar should mean its all Ultra Leather premium product, from BayStar to King Aire.

If you want KingAire to be different, then skin an ostrich or alligator and use that!

Latest resources

Back