• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question jack down light comes on while driving

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Try to find an owner's manual on Google for your jack system. I had the same problem a while back, located a manual for my system and found that just being a bit low on hydraulic fluid can cause that problem (not sure if yours are hydraulic?). I have also been told the sensors on the jacks are prone to fail, or they can get clogged up and give false readings. Hope this helps...

Try to find an owner's manual on Google for your jack system. I had the same problem a while back, located a manual for my system and found that just being a bit low on hydraulic fluid can cause that problem (not sure if yours are hydraulic?). I have also been told the sensors on the jacks are prone to fail, or they can get clogged up and give false readings. Hope this helps...
The list is endless. Leaks, air in system, or sensors needing adjustment, can be added to the above list.

Thanks check fluid, didn't help, must be the sensors like you said. Thanks Bob

Thanks check fluid, didn't help, must be the sensors like you said. Thanks Bob
I suggest that you make sure your problem is just the sensors. I have a 2011 Winnebago with HWH levelers. When it was just a few months old I had the same issue. My fluid level was up but I also noted that the left rear jack had not retracted totally. It was low enough that if I had driven over some uneven ground it could have been damaged. Are yours all fully retracted? It turned out that there was air in the system. To correct it all four jacks were extended to the max then retracted and the again extended. That seemed to have "bled" the system and I have not had a problem since.

Darrell

I suggest that you make sure your problem is just the sensors. I have a 2011 Winnebago with HWH levelers. When it was just a few months old I had the same issue. My fluid level was up but I also noted that the left rear jack had not retracted totally. It was low enough that if I had driven over some uneven ground it could have been damaged. Are yours all fully retracted? It turned out that there was air in the system. To correct it all four jacks were extended to the max then retracted and the again extended. That seemed to have "bled" the system and I have not had a problem since.

Darrell
Thanks Darrell, I will try this.
Bob

Well on the BigFoot system, the feet would loosen and not tightly engage the clevis pin that tells the control panel that the jacks are up.

Also, on the BigFoot system, while sitting over the winter. Moving the coach the first time in spring I would get the alarm that the jacks were not up. One had drifted down a bit while driving.

Simple emergency retract button push would correct it.

Hydraulic seems to do strange things now and then. Beginning of the season using jacks the first time one would drift back up. Cycle again and they would be fine.

Latest resources

Back