Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Al P.

RVF Newbee
Does anyone have any experience owning a Jayco Precept 29V? In particular, does anyone have the 2021 model that you could share pros and cons?

Does anyone have any experience owning a Jayco Precept 29V? In particular, does anyone have the 2021 model that you could share pros and cons?
I have a Jayco 34g 2020. Just short of 9,000 miles on it. I love the way it drives with the J-ride plus. We love the floor plan and everything else BUT after every trip it’s back in the shop. The quality control now is terrible. We’ve had the motor for one slide replaced along with the outside tv. We are now waiting for the bedroom AC unit to be replaced and don’t know when that will happen. Two different water leaks, under sink and outside channel for large slide. Wire short causing furnace and front AC not to work. Hole in one of heater ducts therefore no heat from that duct. Three USB ports needed to be replaced. The kitchen sink had to be reinforced after it dropped down and they just reinforced the floor for the shower. Waited 6 months for a wall panel to be replaced because of leak and it just came but it was the wrong panel. I’m sure I’m forget several other problems but get the idea. Heading to Florida soon for a month without one AC unit but can’t wait to see what won’t be working when we get back. Fortunately we have a great dealer that’s willing to fix everything quickly when they can get the parts. That’s our experience with Jayco now. Had two Class C Jayco’s prior to this one with very little problems. Looks like when Jayco was bought out by another company the quality control went out the window.

Thank you for you honest experiences. I know it's not easy to write about all the problems you've had. My last coach was a new Newmar Canyon Star which had its share of 'minor, irritating' issues, but nothing major. Now, Winnebago owns Newmar, so I'm a little leery of future quality. Thor Industries now owns Jayco. Thor has a terrible reputation in the RV industry for inferior quality. I wouldn't own any Thor RV! Looks like that now, unfortunately, extends to Jayco.

Thor Industries now owns Jayco. Thor has a terrible reputation in the RV industry for inferior quality. I wouldn't own any Thor RV!

Be aware that Thor Industries owns many companies. One of them is Thor Motor Coach, which carries the perpetual poor quality banner and a "terrible reputation in the RV industry for inferior quality". However, Thor Industries seems to be a stand-up good mother of it's brands with hands-off approach.

Thor now owns Tiffin, so in the affordable class, we now have Winnie, Thor and Forrest River. Rev owns Fleetwood. So basically 4 big guys own most of the rest.

Latest resources

Back