Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

JBlid

RVF Newbee
I put $5,000 down on a 2021 whitewater retro August 2020. I was told it wouldn't be in till 2and week in December. I called to check after that time came and went. I was then told it would be 3rd week in April. I was told because of covid production was slowed down and the dealer could not give any indication of when it would be in. Yesterday, June 2,2021 we drive to the dealer to see what was happening. We were told whitewater is a small company and our trailer is not in production yet. We are selling a home. We don't see anything on the lot. We feel we should get our deposit back but of course they want to sell us something else but we don't see anything we want. Do I have any recourse?

First, welcome aboard. Second, consult an attorney. If you have in writing that it would be delivered on a specified date and that has passed with your patience on the matter twice, they should refund you. But I am no scholar on the legalistic ways of lawyers and their interpretations of such.

Good luck.

Welcome @JBlid and sorry to hear of this painful situation. I'd just tell them you're done here and want the deposit back, you have no interest in anything else. If they don't accommodate the peaceful up front request then you'll have to pursue alternate means whether your local news to assist or some legal method which will likely be costly. I hope they can simply honor your request.

Unfortunately it seems the whole world is on back order. My local coffee shop has had to cut open times because their cooks can make more by not working and the Rv mfgs. are going through the same thing and especially small dealers are left with upset customers. My suggestion would be to call the Rv dealer owner and make a request for your deposit back. If he refuses im sure your state has dept of motor vehicles investigators that you can at no cost file a complaint with. Dealers do not like to have to deal with DMV problems they can and do make a dealers life miserable.

Latest resources

Back