• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Jeep Wrangler and Issues with Advanced Safety Group

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
are you going to be adding the steel bumper? If so, you have the option of using the Maximus 3 tow points that will not protrude, and will not interfere. They also look really good when installed.

The steel bumper is not required after reading their install notes.

The steel bumper does look good, not sure about adding it as it's the first time I've check it out. Would that bumper cause its own issues with the sensors, maybe by blocking them?

Are you saying you could get the Maximus 3 tow points without the bumper and those might work well with the Advanced Safety Group because they don't pretrude?

Any other things out there like the Maximus 3, that might help provide less interference with the Advanced safety Group sensors?

Thanks

The tow loops work with any OEM bumper.

I have a 2020 Jeep Rubicon with the advance safety group option and adaptive cruise and this is what the front of my Jeep Wrangler Rubicon looks like and I don't have any problems. As far as I know there nothing in the front bumper of the Wrangler that part of the Advance Saftey Group. It is a Rock Hard after-market bumper and just towed from Kansas to south Texas.

Edit - I just check the OEM bumper that I have on a shelf in my storage area and there no wiring in the bumper except for the fog lights - NO Sensors.

Attachments

• IMG_0429.jpeg
    IMG_0429.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
The steel bumper does look good, not sure about adding it as it's the first time I've check it out. Would that bumper cause its own issues with the sensors, maybe by blocking them?

Are you saying you could get the Maximus 3 tow points without the bumper and those might work well with the Advanced Safety Group because they don't pretrude?

Any other things out there like the Maximus 3, that might help provide less interference with the Advanced safety Group sensors?

Thanks

I replace my entire front bumper with a Rock Hard aftermarket bumper rated to tow with the Roadmaster towing loops and I have the Advance Saftey Group with Adaptive Cruise and I don't have any problems towing and have over 2,000 miles towing and 6,000 with the bumper installed.

Attachments

• IMG_1670.jpeg
    IMG_1670.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 16
Saw this and thought of you @Cardiff RV. looks like this giy went with a bumper replacement and a crossbar style baseplate. It’s an older Jeep but still an option for you.

1BCD061E-9900-4732-94E3-AAAF776724C6.jpeg

I replace my entire front bumper with a Rock Hard aftermarket bumper rated to tow with the Roadmaster towing loops and I have the Advance Saftey Group with Adaptive Cruise and I don't have any problems towing and have over 2,000 miles towing and 6,000 with the bumper installed.

A bit off topic, but how do you like that Rock Hard bumper? Thinking of getting that same setup for my JK so I don't need a base plate. Trying to determine if I go with steel or upgrade to the aluminum option and save a little weight.

I love the bumper but you might want to think about the height of the hookups on the bumper. I was under the impression that I would be within the +- 3 but with my stock Rubicon, I need a 6" riser. I got the aluminum one which weighs in at about 36 pounds because I didn't want to add weight. The tow bar attachments mount to brackets that mount to the frame so good connection. Easy install, just pull the fog lights out of the old bumper and mount into the Rock Hard then bolt it to the frame.

Attachments

• IMG_0422.jpeg
    IMG_0422.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0428 (1).jpeg
    IMG_0428 (1).jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 13
I'm leaning towards that aluminum one as well. The drop pocket for the winch and the tow bar attachments are what got me interested. I'll probably have to get a riser as well as I plan to add tires and a small lift/leveling kit that will raise the jeep a couple of inches at most above stock. Thanks for the feedback.

Latest resources

Back