Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jlawson

RVF Regular
Sorry, new to this. I have a 2019 Sunset Trail 262bh with a severe water leak. Entire frint bedroom floorboard and storage compartment is soft. Dealer says floor needs to be replaced. Arranged for Keystone to pick up. Supposed to be covered. To date, it’s been 3 weeks and keystone has not picked the unit up. Any suggestions?

Not making excuses for Keystone, but these are not usual times and service operations have been pretty seriously impacted by the pandemic and associated restrictions. You might give them a call and ask if they can give you an update on when your RV is scheduled for pickup.

TJ

Not making excuses for Keystone, but these are not usual times and service operations have been pretty seriously impacted by the pandemic and associated restrictions. You might give them a call and ask if they can give you an update on when your RV is scheduled for pickup.

TJ
I have tried. Can’t get a response. person I spoke with was just short of being rude. Seemed not interested in providing me with any information. I can appreciate the added stress everyone is feeling! All the more reason to take the extra step and help someone out.

@Jlawson In my travels to Elkhart, IN and surrounding areas I observed several RV companies advertising for drivers to haul new RV's to their destination. I don't know the specifics of Keystone logistics operation but you might ask your dealer when they are getting the next Keystone delivery. Once you know the anticipated delivery you could contact Keystone and ask if your unit could be returned buy the driver making the delivery. Of course all of this is effort you should not have to put forth but perhaps it will help get the process moving.

Good luck

Why isn't the selling dealer carrying the ball on this? That's where I would focus my initial attention. They took the buyer's money and that's a commitment to provide after-the-sale customer service in my book. Or, do they want disgruntled customers posting bad reviews about them?

TJ

Why isn't the selling dealer carrying the ball on this? That's where I would focus my initial attention. They took the buyer's money and that's a commitment to provide after-the-sale customer service in my book. Or, do they want disgruntled customers posting bad reviews about them?

TJ
@TJ&LadyDi
I couldn't agree more. I was just trying to provide a possible path for @Jlawson to make some progress in spite of what appears to be the poor service he is receiving.

The selling dealer has reached out to Keystone to get the ball rolling. Got a preliminary approval for addressing the water leak. Got Keystone to make the initial contact to me. That was a month ago. The dealer has been more than accommodating. Hopefully this will get taken care of. I live in Pennsylvania, not much camping going on. Have some time. I’m more concerned as to whether the repairs will be made or if they might replace the unit. Anyone experienced water claims with Keystone?

I have read there was water leak issues with the Bullet series. My dealer did mention some instances with the Sunset Trail line

Latest resources

Back