• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Joining Club Ninja

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@GlampDaddy since you are the chief ninja amongst a bunch of baby Ninja wannabes. How do you keep the grill clean particularly under the hood? I imagine it can get pretty grungy after a while.

@GlampDaddy since you are the chief ninja amongst a bunch of baby Ninja wannabes. How do you keep the grill clean particularly under the hood? I imagine it can get pretty grungy after a while.
Easy-peasy! It's a lot like cleaning the engine compartment of a Prevost. I use Dawn Platinum Powerwash for the grill plate (or griddle). Spray it, let it sit a few minutes, then a high-pressure garden hose until all the big stuff is gone. Then I take it to Mrs. Allison with a sad look and she does the rest. On the one occasion when she didn't take the bait, I finished it with a sponge and some more Powerwash. It's really easy to clean.

Under the hood...well, that's another story. I wad up a couple of paper towels and wipe, and wipe, until all the gooey stuff is gone. Then, one more towel to convince myself that I've done a decent job. The hood is part of my succession plan...I know that someday it will get nasty enough to die...then I'll get an XL! I'm a year of fairly heavy use into the plan, and so far, it's still working great.

I clearly jumped the curb and got the xl because @Neal hacked my Sam’s club account and ordered it. He said all would be fine. Gotta watch him! I better look in my engine compartment right now because he could be in there cleaning and hopefully not disassembling it for parts for the ventessex.

The famous CJ has a video out on it.

I should have a good look at CJ’s way of cleaning.

May want to check, depending on where you get yours…

Noticed today the one from WM only comes with one temp probe.

Amazon does have a probe and holder for two available though (be here tomorrow) 😊

Ninja XSKPROBEXL Woodfire Smart Thermometer, Compatible with OG900 Series, Additional Thermometer to Monitor Multiple Proteins, Controlled Grilling and Smoking, Includes Dual Storage Box, Black/Silver Amazon.com
Just as an update. This is made by Ninja and comes with the Grey temp probe. Holder slides right in the spot and has both probes now.

Since we are packing up I got a chance to use the travel cover we got for the Ninja.

Very nice and room for the bags of Kona pellets as well.

Straps on the inside to hold the Ninja in place and carry handles as well as a shoulder strap.

TRAVELIT Carry Bag for Ninja... Amazon.com

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks. I think. :LOL:

It is aliiiiiiivvvve for tonight's cook. Doing the 20 min burn in as I type this. Curious about a few more accessories. What do you all think?
Has anyone considered a stacker trailer for their Ninja garage?? Jus'askin...

Pellets (the good kind), the rack is good for ribs, and grease pans. You can't go wrong. We are preheating for grilled smokey peppers and turkey meatloaf—yum.

Why do you need a crisper basket. Didn't yours come with a basket?

Latest resources

Back