Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Just getting started - how to not get discouraged?!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Welcome to RVForums @TK & Em. Take a deep breath and just go see what you want to see with no obligation to buy. The floor plan is most important as that's your living space. Every RV is going to need work, yours and professional at some point, rolling earthquakes are hard on a house. After you see everything something is likely to "wow" you and that's what you should consider. It's a daunting process, I ordered mine and didn't sleep for 3 months! Whatever you choose I'm sure you will enjoy and if not you can always get something else. Many around here seem to have owned on average 3 RV's. Take your time...enjoy the experience, it is great. Welcome!
Ahh so my hyperfocus seems to be normal. So much time spent reading, watching, and asking. Glad I found this forum lots of good advise around here. Welcome to the hunt OP.

Look for what they are built out of. Are the cabinets made out of wood or pressed wood? What kind of fabrics are use, The better quality material, too me, the better the RV will last.
A busted jar in a pressed wood cabinet might destroy that style cabinet. Look at the workmanship also.

Look for what they are built out of. Are the cabinets made out of wood or pressed wood? What kind of fabrics are use, The better quality material, too me, the better the RV will last.
A busted jar in a pressed wood cabinet might destroy that style cabinet. Look at the workmanship also.
Dang I didn't even think about the pressure boards not handling food spills. I think the NOBO I'm looking at is hardwoods but still not something you would want sitting soaking wet from sauce.

Dang I didn't even think about the pressure boards not handling food spills. I think the NOBO I'm looking at is hardwoods but still not something you would want sitting soaking wet from sauce.
@ArmyOfSquirrels I think you would be hard pressed pun intended to find cabinets that don't have a little manufactured board of some kind.

Consumer reports was one of my first stops. I always liked them when buying big ticket items.

I don't know about other brands but forest river has handy 3D walkthroughs of their RVs. You'll get naysayers about any RV, even the most expensive. I personally like my FR Puma. I'm improving it, sturdier shelves, a little woodputty where screws pull out but it's really not that big of a deal. I'd knock on wood if there's was any of course. I think karma has a twisted since of humor.

Like with anything in life, decide what you need to be happy and if you can afford it toss in a few wants. Then apply really good insurance.

Latest resources

Back