• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Just Turned Full-Time

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We currently are full time after selling our house in NY 3 years ago. Registered RV & toad in Florida, declared as our domicile and vote there. We can renew registration online, no inspection required and inexpensive ($61.50 per year for motorhome). We have a mail service located there and they were very helpful with the process.
What did it cost for initial registration? I heard it was pretty hefty. I think Good Sam has their mail processing center there.

Remember it is not just price. Spend some time researching location costs and amenities and go visit those that fit. After that you can choose a new location to call home.

You have jumped with both feet I see. It is good to understand that smaller can sometimes be an aggravation. give each other space when needed, and give it a year should you decide the life is not for you. Things change. The most important advice I can give you is this "A happy wife makes a happy life"
Do tell… ?

What did it cost for initial registration? I heard it was pretty hefty. I think Good Sam has their mail processing center there.
Original registration for motorhome back in 2017 was approximately $450 on a new RV. When we purchased the 2020 transferred registration from the 2017 for $5+ sales tax. I use St Brendan’s Isle for our mail service and they guided thru the process.

My wife and I decided that being in one place was not as interesting as we would want life to be, so - long story made short - we sold our mountain home l, bought a 2018 Keystone Montana 3791RL and a 2020 F350 with the new 7.3 gas engine. We are thinking of using Western NC as our “home base” but not necessarily the place in WNC. From there, we want to visit western states then north central and the northeast largely in search of interesting people, good food and scenery. Want to travel Canada some once they let us back in. This is our 3rd RV and 2nd 5th Wheel. It is - at 41’ and 5 slides - the largest RV we have owned. I’m still very much on a learning curve with regard to parking this beast and navigating narrow passages. Otherwise, life is good and hopefully improved shills will come with practice. Finding RV parks that take large rigs and offer full ‘hooks’ is sometimes a challenge. Our plan as it it stands now is to find pick an area of the country we want to explore, go there and park around in two ~ four week increments. Return to WNC for the summer months, and ready ourselves for the next adventure. We are “domiciled” in NC, so we have to get the truck inspected every year in order to renew our tag. NC has us on a leash in that regard. So, all that said, any advice, suggestions and / or wisdom anyone can share that would help us stay rubber-side down and pointed in the right direction in our pursuit of 70-degree temperatures and memorable vistas will be greatly appreciated.
Hello, and congratulations on turning full time. Keep us updated. We would love to take the plunge someday. Good luck,
Brenda and Cliff

Welcome from Georgia!

Latest resources

Back